Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Community Forums > Hi-Lo Photo Album
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hi-Lo Photo Album Post your Hi-Lo pictures here.. Show us what ya got or seen, we love looking at them!

Old 05-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #1

Default second hand 2208T

Hello. Newer to the forum. Bought a 2208T second hand from someone in Sacramento a year or so ago. Love it, wife loves it, kids (7 & 4) love it.
-Matt

Next projects:
-Change lights to LED
-buy generator
-add another battery (?)
-get rid of rotten egg smell from hot water heater
-find a way to clean up the black gunk on exterior of window seals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tumalo, OR.jpg (93.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Mt. Shasta.jpg (94.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg home.jpg (100.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg steamboat rock.jpg (53.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1529.jpg (73.3 KB, 84 views)

Old 05-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #2

Nice pics.

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

Matt, beautiful pictures of your new Hi-Lo, except the one in front of that gorgeous home. Who wants to look at a Hi-Lo when that beautiful house steals all the attention?!!

Dee
Dee Tillotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Site Team

I'm always impressed with how sleek our HiLos look when hitched behind our tow vehicles in the traveling position. So much nicer looking than the standard "hulking" trailer profile!

- Jack
Old 05-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
sam

Default modifications needed

Matt, You have a nice unit. Between searching on this forum and the internet you should be able to get guidance for all your wish list.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkempf View Post
Hello. Newer to the forum. Bought a 2208T second hand from someone in Sacramento a year or so ago. Love it, wife loves it, kids (7 & 4) love it.
-Matt

Next projects:
-Change lights to LED
-buy generator
-add another battery (?)
-get rid of rotten egg smell from hot water heater
-find a way to clean up the black gunk on exterior of window seals
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum! I am a newbie myself and am looking to buy a 22' model also. What year is your trailer? The pictures are great!

I was curious as to the logistics of your purchase. It sounds like you live about 12 hours away from where you bought. Did you find it on Craigslist? Did you drive your tow vehicle down when you went to inspect it? Did you already have a hitch to tow with?

Sorry to be so nosy but we are in a similar situation where we will need to probably drive quite a distance to find a Hi-Lo. We were hoping to keep our drive within an easy day's drive (6-7 hours) from SoCal but we may have to expand that.

Thanks,
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #7

I was looking for a something pretty specific, a 22ft. Towlite with a removable tongue (actually fits in my garage). The second two digits are the year, so a 2208T is a 2008 22ft Towlite. 2209T would be a 2009, etc..
I found one on craigslist, and really lucked out. The previous owner (an intel engineer) took good care of it, using it primarily for AC for his spouse when they went into the hills around Sacramento to watch their son compete in games. I don't think the stove or oven was every used. I took a huge leap of faith, trusting the gentleman when he said it’s in practically new condition, drove straight down with father in law for company, and bought it on the spot. We drove to his bank and I paid off his loan and gave him some cash.
I had all the measurements for the tongue height and bought an “equalizer” sway control and put it all together while I was down there. I bought an adjustable hitch so the equalizer would be at the right level, and actually had to adjust it at the guys house in Sacramento. He was impressed with the sway control and actually helped me install it, and we drove to a local hardware store because the bolts that came with the sway control weren’t long enough. Then I towed it back with the father in law, stopping for the night in southern Oregon and breaking it in with a bottle of Pendleton whiskey.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkempf View Post
I was looking for a something pretty specific, a 22ft. Towlite with a removable tongue (actually fits in my garage). The second two digits are the year, so a 2208T is a 2008 22ft Towlite. 2209T would be a 2009, etc..
I found one on craigslist, and really lucked out. The previous owner (an intel engineer) took good care of it, using it primarily for AC for his spouse when they went into the hills around Sacramento to watch their son compete in games. I don't think the stove or oven was every used. I took a huge leap of faith, trusting the gentleman when he said it’s in practically new condition, drove straight down with father in law for company, and bought it on the spot. We drove to his bank and I paid off his loan and gave him some cash.
I had all the measurements for the tongue height and bought an “equalizer” sway control and put it all together while I was down there. I bought an adjustable hitch so the equalizer would be at the right level, and actually had to adjust it at the guys house in Sacramento. He was impressed with the sway control and actually helped me install it, and we drove to a local hardware store because the bolts that came with the sway control weren’t long enough. Then I towed it back with the father in law, stopping for the night in southern Oregon and breaking it in with a bottle of Pendleton whiskey.
Hi Matt,

Sounds like things worked out pretty well for your purchase. I've been considering the Equalizer hitch as well but haven't made a decision yet. Thanks for the helpful info about how the model years work!
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:21 AM   #9

Can you post some pictures of the removable tongue I am trying to figure out how they constructed it.

quickfarms is offline   Reply With Quote