Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
sam

Default Anybody camping this fourth of July weekend?

Tell us where you are going and give us a "report",maybe pictures when you get b ack to post them. We'll be staying put,detailing rhe exteriopr and routine maintenance.

sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

We wanted to go camping but were waiting for the grand daughter to have her baby, they took it on tuesday 6 lb baby girl, both are doing fine. I had to get 2 teeth pulled, so not feeling to good. Then the son decided to come and help paint my garage, waiting for him to come over from his sisters. I have been repairing our bath room in the house, not finished yet, I have to rest too much. I told Mary that as soon as everything is slowed down, even if the bath room isn't done that we are going camping for a week.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #3

We are going boondocking in Clarion Co., PA. Goodbye!
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #4

We left Nebraska on June 20th and started our 6 weeks travel. Visited family & friends in Utah for 5 days. Visited friends in Boise Idaho for 2 days and have now moved on to Seattle WA(June 30) and are visiting our son & family until July 12 then we will move on down the coast to Ca. to visit family. We will return to Nebraska on Aug 1. So far it's been a great trip. We have seen beautiful places, met alot of people, stayed in beautiful campgrounds. This is the first time we have taken this big of a trip in our Hi-Lo. I do believe we will be taking alot more of these kinds of trips in the future. We have really enjoyed ourselves up to this point. Hope everybody has a Happy 4th of July and travels safe.
DebW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #5

Hey Deb, which Hi-Lo did you take, I have bets on the 31' er. Nice
Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #6

Talking

This fourth of July we are on the Road, we are in Runawaybay,Texas right now and on Tuesday we will head West to the Grand Canyon state and then to Salt Lake City area,after that then back to to Black hills,Sd area.Looking to be home at the middle of July or so.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
sam

Default Camping trips

Good to hear about all the adventures. Can't wait to get out camping later this month. Pop Richie,I know how you feel,just went through severe tooth nerve pain. My Dentist was on vacation the week I needed him. Three root canal treatments and no more pain except the pain in my wallet!!!!! You will be out camping and get energized and come home and tackle your to do list in no time.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #8

Paul S

You're exactly correct we took the 31ft. trailer for this trip It has more room plus it has the bedroom and the tipout. The 26ft you have to take down the bed all the time which hubby got tired of doing so that was the reason we purchased the 31. Our youngest daughter and her family are in Nebraska camping this weekend with the 26ft. Glad to hear you're also on the road enjoying you're Hi-Lo. Have a safe & Happy 4th.
DebW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #9

The wife and I are at First Landing State Park in Viriginia Beach, VA until Wednesday. Camping in the heart of Virginia Beach on the Cheapeake Bay at $30. per night.
5.7L V8 Hemi
Factory installed tow package
MStoneham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
sam

Default Staycation

Felt really good to give the HiLo it's deluxe seasonal bath. Somany small things to do that I had to make a list. Trying not to get discouraged with the top half walls needing to be replaced. The end caps are okay. No musty smell inside. Wondering what to do with the wall behind the refrigerator. Hubby doesn't wan't to pull ref. out. I'm with him on this as the dealer had one heck a job with the install. Didn't get it right the first time and had to bring it back and have the pull out and install again. Wondering if we can peel the fiberglass siding back on the outside at the ref and repair that way? The rest of the HiLo will be torn out from the inside. I have to look into renting a storage unit with electricity to work on this in the winter.