Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
sam

Default Diagnosed with cancer

Feeling very fortunate that I discovered the problem early on. I have eight apts. to get ready for major surgery March 21st. We won't know until after the surgery if I need chemotherapy. Prayers appreciated. I'm keeping a positive attitude. Adopting the slogan from Roswell cancer institute"cancer can't win"

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Sorry to here that, you will be in my prayers.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #3

Hang in there, keep strong and stay positive. I'm sure there a lot of Forum members rooting for you.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #4

Sam
Keep strong and stay positive. Cancer is something you can beat and then put this this behind you. I got Melanoma four years ago this Feb. I feel fortunate that I discovered the problem early on and did not have to have chemotherapy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. My surgery was March 10th so it will help me keep you in prayers. I like the slogan from Roswell cancer institute "CANCER CANT'T WIN"

Marty
ritmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Sending prayers your way, Sam.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #6

Stay strong!

Raul

2408T
2010 Nissan Frontier, 4x4, Crew Cab
Norton Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
sam

Default prayers appreciated

Thanks for all the prays and encouragement. Today I had x-rays that required an IV be started on me. I am a hard person to get an IV on. Three pokes later and the IV went bad half way through the test. It is called infiltrated. Enough die got in for the test to be completed. Wednesday I also will need an iv for the test. They will be giving me Valium as well. Then I see an oncologist this Friday. Just enough to keep me running and copay broke.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 AM   #8

Sam, first and foremost, let me tell you that Brenda and I are keeping you in our prayers. Second, I hope you will continue to give us updates along the way. God speed, my friend.
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #9
sam

Default update on surgery

A few days ago I got a letter with surgery details and it was the wrong hospital. Not the one I preferred and had discussed with my DR. I,m betting the surgery scheduler was very annoyed with me because she has to change two of my apts. Today was spent making phone calls and filling out paper work for each DR. Glad this is all done. Going to switch gears and go make a double batch of chili.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #10

Hang in there, Sam. Advocate for yourself and stay positive. My thoughts are with you.

Rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:45 AM   #11

Default Prayer

Sam,
I am so sorry to hear of your cancer problems. Know that you are being though of and prayed for from our home. A old high school buddy of mine has an e-mail signature that I like a lot that I think is worth sharing. It goes like this: "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is." Keep the faith brother.
Please keep us all posted so we can pray specifically for your needs.
God Bless you Sam,
Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
sam

Default Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts

Today I saw an oncologist. I don't need chemotherapy at the presurgery stage. He will see what the pathology report shows post surgery. This is the same type of cancer I had back in 2003 and in the same area of my body. Now for a little bit of bad news. I've had some pain in my upper back and just thought it was from excessive coughing when I had bronchitis earlier this year. The xray showed I have a compression fracture in my back at the T4 level. Haven't a clue how and when I did this. OH well!! Just going to go forward with my surgery. When all this is over it will be time to go camping.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Just going to go forward with my surgery. When all this is over it will be time to go camping.
That's the spirit Sam!!!!!! Gotta move forward with a good attitude and faith. Been praying for you by name everyday since we last talked a few weeks ago.

My dad has bone cancer and its been in remission for several years. Touch and go now and it may be coming back unfortunately. When I ask him how he's feeling he always says great! His attitude and faith is what has helped him tremendously.

Needles, pricking, chemo.........all that stuff sucks but there are alot of success stories and miracles that happen everyday and they've all been down that road before. Sounds like you've been there as well before.

Take care Sam and know you're being thought about daily and kept in our prayers. The Lord will take care of you as He always has and always will Sam.
89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #14
sam

Default Thanks for the prayers and encouragement

Looking forward to a more relaxing week. Only one surgery medical related apt. this week. So glad the weather cooperated last week as I spent a few hrs. traveling for the specialized xrays and the oncologist that I needed.