Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #1

Default It's kind of addicting!

Once we started wrenching on our old '94 Funlite, and especially after we found and became familiar with this forum - we are HOOKED on working on our Hi Lo.

It's really kind of addicting! I'm swinging by the forum all day at work, looking at other questions/threads, wondering what I'll be tackling next....

It gets me revved up! It's almost fun, solving problems on this thing - especially when I know I'll have the forum to fall back on if I find something that I'm confused about.

Anyone else in this boat?

cptmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
sam

Default HiLo repairing adiction

I have more time to read and answer forum questions. I'm on occasion either printing out or making hubby read new things to fix on the HiLo. He doesn't have the same percentage of enthusiam as me because it means more things on the to do list. He never camped a day in his life until we got married (29years). Can't get divorced-not in the budget haha.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptmoney View Post
Once we started wrenching on our old '94 Funlite, and especially after we found and became familiar with this forum - we are HOOKED on working on our Hi Lo.

It's really kind of addicting! I'm swinging by the forum all day at work, looking at other questions/threads, wondering what I'll be tackling next....

It gets me revved up! It's almost fun, solving problems on this thing - especially when I know I'll have the forum to fall back on if I find something that I'm confused about.

Anyone else in this boat?
Edit this: it's only addicting when you're actually SOLVING problems. Wrenching that leads to more frustration is anything but addicting...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to vannooch

cptmoney, I agree with you.
I did alot of work on mine last fall when I got it and still have big plans.
It has some roof water damage from a previous owner that I plan to fix.
possibly add a second gray water tank to help out with the tiny 16 gal job that is on it.
Heat and insulate the tanks and associated piping as well as enclose the underbelly.
Build some storm windows and upgrade the audio/visual system, the old encore will be history.
Add a second battery, install an exterior propane gas coupling for a propane genset.
And I'm sure that I will think of some more, fun stuff!
Luke 1:49
vannooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannooch View Post
cptmoney, I agree with you.
I did alot of work on mine last fall when I got it and still have big plans.
It has some roof water damage from a previous owner that I plan to fix.
possibly add a second gray water tank to help out with the tiny 16 gal job that is on it.
Heat and insulate the tanks and associated piping as well as enclose the underbelly.
Build some storm windows and upgrade the audio/visual system, the old encore will be history.
Add a second battery, install an exterior propane gas coupling for a propane genset.
And I'm sure that I will think of some more, fun stuff!
Man - and I thought I was busy! You have really got a list going!

I like your idea of enclosing the underbelly; I'm just waiting to hang a pipe with this thing...