Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Off Topic Lounge
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
sam

Default Left shoulder surgery

Tomorrow I am having my left shoulder operated on to clean up the bursitus,bone spur ect. Prayers needed,thesurgery is at 8am. I had the exact arthroscopy surgery done on the right shoulder. I know what to expect. Then I won'thave any pain after about two weeks. Some people will do anything to get out of mowing their lawn!! The next three days are going to be in the eighties. I may just hangout in the HiLo reading and playing the radio.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #2

I hope all goes well for you. We will be expecting a full report. Take care.

2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #3

Good luck with the shoulder. My husband and I just purchased our 1st camper, a 1999 Hi Lo. We LOVE it! It's in great shape and we've already had a great camping trip up to Shipshewana, Indiana. He just returned to work after having a total shoulder replacement in early February. Years of arthritis as well as some random injuries over the years coupled with his profession (a meat cutter for 40 years) all took their toll and finally the pain and the inability to use his arm made the operation necessary. He's like a new man! The pain is totally gone and his shoulder is working better than it had for YEARS.
Anyway, as you said, you know what to expect. He was totally committed to his therapy and the surgeon told him that made all the difference in his recovery as well as the range of motion he now has.
Good luck!
I'm so glad we found this web site. We have learned a lot about our camper. It had been owned by a mechanic and he was very good about keeping all of the manuals and books together.
We may have questions along the way
99hilonewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
sam

Default shoulder surgery

Glad to hear your dh surgery and recovery went well. I can immagine how he suffered. Mydh also has some shoulder pain from all his years of working in the sheet metal trade. Standing and lifting heavy sheets of metal and doing a very physical job day after day. He doesn't want to have surgery at this point . It is amazing the medical advances that have been made. My surgeon does a procedure where he is able to return the lost blood to the arm. It is your own blood. Anyway onto a more pleasant subject. Glad to hear your trip went smothly and your HiLo was well cared for. This forum will help you get your questions answered and you will learn alot.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
sam

Default Shoulder surgery

The surgery went well. Time for pain pills and a nap.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

That's good news. Now you need some pampering, tell DH that you need help reaching the remote control.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
sam

Default Shoulder surgery

Funny, I need a signal/pager like the one that is on my phone. My daughter is a big help(usually not this helpful.) So far it has only cost me $ for Burger King!! Kids,you can't live with them and you can't live without them.!!I have this big lounger camping chair that I can put under the shade tree and read a good/book magazine.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM View Post
Glad to hear your DH surgery and recovery went well. I can imagine how he suffered. My DH also has some shoulder pain from all his years of working in the sheet metal trade. Standing and lifting heavy sheets of metal and doing a very physical job day after day. He doesn't want to have surgery at this point . It is amazing the medical advances that have been made. My surgeon does a procedure where he is able to return the lost blood to the arm. It is your own blood. Anyway onto a more pleasant subject. Glad to hear your trip went smoothly and your Hi Lo was well cared for. This forum will help you get your questions answered and you will learn a lot.
Sam,

I've been off forum for a couple of days and just heard of your surgery. Glad to hear you came though it okay. Sounds like fun just sitting around in your Hi Lo listening to the radio. I wish you a fast and full recovery my friend. God Bless.

Jerry Curtis
2406T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
sam

Default Surgery get well wishes

Thanks Jerry, Coming along one day at a time. Wed. I get three sets of sutures out. I couldn't relax in the HiLo as it got unusually hot for this time of year,89degrees. No electric on the lot and no generator. Keeping busy at home since the surgery was on my left shoulder. I am right handed. I have central air at home. My friends have an inground pool as well as my cousin. I may go and do my therapy there!!.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #10

Sam

My wife had two partial shoulder replacements- made all the difference in the world. Take it easy and follow those pt instructions. Glad to hear it went well.

rick

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
sam

Default shoulder surgery

I do follow all the post-op instructions with the exception of physical therapy. I can't afford the $35.00dollar co-pay for each visit. That would be three times a week x 6to 8 wks. I do exercises at home. Myright arm is fully functional after having the same exact surgery last fall. Don't even get me started on what is wrong with our health care system.!! One pt. was telling me his copay is $50.00 per visit and he can only afford one visit for a home exercise program. I am a Licensed Practical Nurse,sometimes Drs. get annoyed with me because I know the medical system. You have a right to refuse treatment and can request your medical records ect. Being a Nurse and being on the other side of the bed has its advantages at times!!