Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
sam

Default Mad as "bleep" at my Geico truck ins.

I have an apt.tomorrow to get the truck in inspected at our usual AAA garage. He already checked our brakes and we don't need work. While out running some errands I decided to check out all the lights in the Home Depot parking lot. The Cap break lt was burned out. To my horror I noticed that the driver side rear window in the cap is half sticking out and the gasket is out of the opening. No big deal we have been with Geico for several years and we pay extra for full glass coverage. We also let them know that we have a fiberglass cap on the truck. Had to speak with three people to file the potential claim. Stated to me that if the window is chipped or broken then it would be covered. I would have to pay a $500.00 deductible. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and I told him I would not being paying and they Need to give me coverage under my glass coverage. "you are giving me a snow job" I told him I would be filing a complaint with the NYS Ins.Dept. I also will file a complaint with the NYS attorney Generals office. I also will be glad to write up my complaint for the action line in the camping magazine HIGHWAYS. Tomorrow I will take the truck to our usual glass repair shop for an unbiased estimate. Next he set me up with one of their "prefered colission shops." This is our only vehicle. Good think hubby can walk the fifteen minutes to work. If the ins. adjuster decides to approve the claim then I can use their prefered car rental place(enterprise). My choice. I don't think the window will fallout. He told me that since it is raining that I could tape up the window . Why would I risk wrecking the paint job when the tape is pulled off. Bottom line chip or break your window and it will be covered. Drive an Suv with the glass as part of the vehicle and it would be covered. Some days go better than others!!!! Correct me if my thinking is wrong. Wouldn't it be cheaper to reseal/reinstall the window than to pay for a whole new window? Soap opera report to be continued tomorrow. Thanks for letting me vent. Do anyone else think ins. Cos can be a rip off. We haven't had very many claims on our truck. It is a 1997 F2f0 Heavy duty 4x4 8ft with bed with a fiberglass cap. We keep the truck in such good shape that we are often asked if we want to sell it. If I use their Prefered Colission then they will guarantee the repair for however long we own the truck.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #2

Default Rip-off!

Ins. companies are a rip-off! They want your money, but they don't want to ever pay you when something is wrong. I believe that if you never have a wreck or claim in any year, then at least HALF of the money paid into the system should be re-inbursed. These people that text, talk, eat, read newspapers, drive while under the influence and just don't pay attention while they are driving should be BANNED from driving, so that our rates could go down! BUT; sorry to say, the insurance co's are greedy now; our rates will forever be out of sight!! GREED! Just look at "home owners" insurance! These co's I believe are KIN to the OIL co's.
sayhonkmon is offline   Reply With Quote