Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
sam

Default My camping trip

Got to go camping for three days and two nights. It was a state campsite in Seneca Falls,NY. We camped with two other HiLo owners. We had a blast just talking,enjoying each others company. It cooled down just enough for a campfire at night. Our HiLo gave us no problems. The brandnew wardrobe latch broke. Had to use a bigger screw as the hole was enlarged. The city water fill was real slow. Had to take my mattress of the fold out cough and get into the area where the exterior flexible water storange tank is. Took the clamp off the water hose and released the airlock.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Sounds like a couple minor inconveniences....Wish I could've gone camping too....Jealous!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #3

Default screw hole

Sam,
Always glad to hear of a good camping trip. Know you had fun. I have one quesiton and one tip.

You mentioned taking a clamp off to break the air lock? Would you mind explaining that? I've never had that problem. I just always cut the city water on and then open the valves at the sink. I open both to insure the water heater fills with water plus the cold water lines.

Tip, if you ever have a screw hole that is too large for the screw put a wodden match stem or tooth pick in the hole. That will allow you to use the same screw. Have used this many times.
God Bless
Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote