Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
sam

Default Painting faded vinyl graphics

Now that we have restored the inside I am concerned about the outside. Some of the vinyl graphics are faded. Don't know anything about body work on fiberglass. I would love to paint the graphics. Do I use Enamel spray paint in cans or just any spray paint at Walmart?. I can buy spray enamel at Autozone.Tomorrow I can get some pictures to show my areas of concern.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
sam

Default Painting faded decals.

I haven't been able to get back on painting the faded decals. Where it is parked on our lot it is in the sun most of the time. Every day is hotter than the day before. Next week the temps will be in the 90s with very high humidity. I plan on staying in my house in the central air. No grass mowing for dh. I will let the grass bake in the sun. We have never been this hot in June .

Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
I haven't been able to get back on painting the faded decals. Where it is parked on our lot it is in the sun most of the time. Every day is hotter than the day before. Next week the temps will be in the 90s with very high humidity. I plan on staying in my house in the central air. No grass mowing for dh. I will let the grass bake in the sun. We have never been this hot in June .
Yeah, I hear you. I have just about finished the last of my outside projects for the summer, replacing the old rain gutters with new PVC gutters. It has been really hot here and again, no rain. They predict another year of El Nina' and I dread the next couple of months. Our patio gets up around 103 to 105 just about every day. I will try and finish up today.

Your faded decals are probably a result of too much exposure to the sun. I placed our RV cover over the Hi Lo and will not remove it until mid or late September. I believe the sun beating down on an RV is a major cause of roof and exterior degradation and will definitely affect your paint job. I had to decide which to place in the RV garage, the Hi Lo or the Ford Truck. The sun has done damage to the camper shell and fender flairs on the truck so I decided to keep it in the RV garage and cover the Hi Lo. I will have to have the camper shell and fender flairs repainted later due to the paint peeling off.

I was fortunate to have found a used Hi Lo cover here on the Hi Lo forum and it has come to good use in the winter, and now the summer months as well. Good luck on your decal work. Post some pics when you've finished.

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Now that we have restored the inside I am concerned about the outside. Some of the vinyl graphics are faded. Don't know anything about body work on fiberglass. I would love to paint the graphics. Do I use Enamel spray paint in cans or just any spray paint at Walmart?. I can buy spray enamel at Autozone.Tomorrow I can get some pictures to show my areas of concern.
Sam, have you checked with a graphics place like Fast Signs to see what they would charge to make you new decals?
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

I know j & r has year specific decals for hi-lo-s and if they don't, rob can make up a set for you
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
sam

Default Decals for the HiLo.

Thanks for all the replies. I should contact Jr and see if he has new decals. I was thinking of taking the trailer to a body shop for an estimate. The body shop I have in mind was recommended by our HiLo dealer. If I could scrape together enopugh $ to have the fiberglass painted I probably would have a different decoration put on. Maybe a swirl,something different than what is on their now. I have so many outside chores that this is not my first priority. I read on another camping forum that decals are expensive to have made up. What I do know for sure is that we have no expertise in body shop work. I don't even have a garage or anyplace big enough for the RV to be indoors. This year I have been given a cover for the HiLo by another HiLo owner. I haven't picked it up yet. I'm really hopeful we can make a go of it as I have a great custom canvas shop in our city if it is to big or needs an alterations. They will do this kind of work in the cold weather(off season).
Old 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #7

I have them drawn, I just need dimensions to cut them. Any pics would be great.

I need the height and width and I can do them.

Thanks
Joe
joetlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #8

Hi Joetlc,

I need a full set of vinyl graphics for my 2205 T. What dimensions do you need (height and width of each piece or overall?)
mritech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:52 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by mritech View Post
Hi Joetlc,

I need a full set of vinyl graphics for my 2205 T. What dimensions do you need (height and width of each piece or overall?)
Post is over a year old....Probably doesn't need 'em or gave up.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:20 AM   #10

I just had the logos redone by a local graphics shop. I had 5 of them done. 12 in wide by 3.75 inches tall. $5.50 each. I will be installing them after I finish my paint job.

tamukern is offline   Reply With Quote