Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
sam

Default Recuperating at home from major surgery

All went well with my major operation. My day started at 6:30 Am and I got home at 7pm. The whole experience was nice. A five star hospital. Morphine works wonders for pain. Taking a different pill for pain. Can't shower until the drains are removed on Thursday. Just like camping. Sometimes a minimal sponge bath. It was 65degrees today and I got to spend the afternoon outside. No guilt just taking it easy and following my post op instructions. All the prayers did help. Thanks to my HiLo friends.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #2

I'll see if I can't get Nurse Goodbody to drop by. Get well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HeeHaw.jpg (34.1 KB, 25 views)

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #3

Smile feeling better

Hope you feel real good soon...
paulsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #4

It was the news we were waiting to hear. Good on ya, fella....and yes, the prayers helped big time!
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #5

Default Operation

Sam,
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Hoping that the recovery will be fast. Just some remember that sometimes the best medicine is "camping in a Hi Lo". Hope you'll be back on that medicine really soon.
God Bless
Papa
Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
sam

Default Thanks to all for the get well wishes

Continuing to do well with my six week recovery. Today is was 76degrees!! Got to enjoy some outside time until it rained and dropped 30degrees. Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. When it warms up I will spend some driveway time in the HiLo.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #7
sam

Default Good news and bad news at the DR.

Feeling much better with the drains removed. The cancer hasn't gone into my lymph nodes. The size of the tumor was large and I need to get chemotherapy. DD had to remind me that I will be bald. That is what our children are for!! Still remaining upbeat about my stage 2 cancer and the fact it was caught early.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #8

Thinking of you , Sam. Stay positive. Hopefully you can get out and get some hi-lo time to help keep your spirits up.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #9

So glad to hear you're doing well.
dsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #10

Dang Sam. Just read this. Life just begins when one hears the C word. Hang in there.

Rick
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #11

Still praying for you by name gal! Yes, prayers do work so I'll continue. I smiled when you said you'd be spending some time in the driveway with the Hi-Lo!
89Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #12
sam

Default recuperating from surgery

Thanks for the continued prayers. I have spent the last two afternoons in Drs. offices. So glad I don't have any Dr. apts. until next week. I am scheduled to start chemotherapy May 19th. Tomorrow I will put all the toothpaste,shampoo ect. back in the HiLo. A good project for a rainy afternoon. Our local KOA is open and we get excited each time we drive by and see a few trailers camped. Saw a few class A and an Airstream. Also seeing a few trailers on the thruway and traveling around town. Better weather days are soon going to be here.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #13

Smile Sam Recouperating

Sam get a lot of rest and take care of your body. I lost some of my hair going thru treatment but it came back, so there is hope. When I found out I researched it on the internet till I was blue in he face but it helped me to ask the right questions and know what to expect. Keep a positive outlook and watch a lot of funny tv shows and movies. By the way I got that advice from one of the cancer sites, they said that laughter helps. It does. Keeping you in my prayers.
Janice Gealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #14

Sam, how are you doing? I just finished up 45 radiation treatments for prostate cancer. I had one chemo shot and all I can say is, no side effects like most, but the damned hot flashes make me appreciate what my wife went through.
Go to youtube and watch the Carol Burnett out takes. Especially the one where Tim Conway is talking about the elephants. I have seen it many times bit it never hesitates to bring belly laughs. Korman and Conway.....the greatest
Good luck. I'll send a prayer from Ohio
Charlie.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #15
sam

Default Health report

Charlie B,sorry for what you are going through. I have one more chemo treatment to go through on the 21st. Then 4to 5 days of nausea. Rx doesn't seem to help much. August 13th I am scheduled for a left breast biopsy. I'll be lucky if I have my health back by the end of the year. I'll just keep plugging along and try to keep a good attitude.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Charlie B,sorry for what you are going through. I have one more chemo treatment to go through on the 21st. Then 4to 5 days of nausea. Rx doesn't seem to help much. August 13th I am scheduled for a left breast biopsy. I'll be lucky if I have my health back by the end of the year. I'll just keep plugging along and try to keep a good attitude.
Sam What I am going through is nothing compared to what you are going through. Keep your spirits high in spite of it. the depression is the worst, it comes with no warning, that's why we need to laugh alot.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #17
sam

Default Recuperating from surgery again

All went well. They even had a cancelation and got me in 1/2 hr. earlier. The Dr. had to dig deep to get rid of the infection. Doing well on pain pills. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. They really do help!!
Old 09-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
All went well. They even had a cancelation and got me in 1/2 hr. earlier. The Dr. had to dig deep to get rid of the infection. Doing well on pain pills. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. They really do help!!
Sam, Glad it went well. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.