Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #1

Default RV cover

I'm looking at rv covers, which ones are you using? What do you think of the Sunbrella woven fabric sold by Calmark Cover Co. I get equal amounts of rain and sun, no snow. The rv covers they sale at camping world seem light wieght, Do they hold up and for how long?

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by campthewestcoast View Post
I'm looking at rv covers, which ones are you using? What do you think of the Sunbrella woven fabric sold by Calmark Cover Co. I get equal amounts of rain and sun, no snow. The rv covers they sale at camping world seem light wieght, Do they hold up and for how long?
My cover is Sunbrella. It's warranted for five years. It's been on my trailer in the hot Arizona sun all year long (unless we were on a trip) since I bought it (I think in 2008), and it looks and feels like new.

I actually bought it through Camping World from the Adco factory, but I suspect any manufacturer using that fabric would be OK.

It dries very quickly when wet and seems to "breath". It certainly reduces the inside temps in the trailer. Mine is a "tan" color that kind of blends in with the surroundings.

I've posted pictures in the forum somewhere.

Edit: I just found them. They're in this thread: http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f35/...ge-covers-671/

- Jack

Old 10-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #3

Sumbrella is a great choice for a cover. It breathes well and offers great protection from the sun. We use it for our boat and sail covers on lake Mead. It holds up well. After 4 to 6 years in the sun it usually just has to be restiched. the thread is not as good as the fabric.
2007 Hummer H3
phyrejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #4

Don't buy an Avco brand; the one that I bought lasted 1 year and eleven months and then it started tearing and falling apart. I called the manufacturer and was told that this is normal for use outdoors in the Sun???? Well, if you can't use it outdoors, what did I buy it for? I do live in Florida and the Sun is hot; the UV rays are bad, so think about where you will be using your cover before purchasing. I built a shed with a tin roof and I have no problems now.
I did buy my cover at Camping World.
sayhonkmon is offline   Reply With Quote