Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
TJM

Default Toyota Tacoma Rally

I have seen a few Toyota Tacomas on this forum and had an idea. I think it would be interesting to see how many people would like to have a "Tacoma Rally" Opinions? Suggestions? ...Tom

Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #2

Sounds interesting. We have a 2010 Tacoma Sport TRD that tows the 2007 22' Hi-Lo. Our trip to Colorado and back was great w/ the Hi-Lo. Only problem was the WD hitch which I think we've solved. Love our Tacoma. Glad to see there are a lot of Tacomas pulling Hi-Los.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #3

Interesting idea.
RogerWYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
TJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWYO View Post
Interesting idea.

Why don't we try to set up a gathering place?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
jfb

One thing I could pass on to all you Taco owners that may not know..there is a TSB(tech service bulletin?) that covers beefing up(changing them to heavier) the rear leaf springs to make them not sag as much..most dealers will do it free if the vehicle has less than 50k miles (05 thru 2010) as I recall..didn't change the ride much at all, just feels more like a truck than a car, but they are manly trucks aint they.. I am gussing it will help supporting the hitch weight, but not eliminating the need for a WDH..take care
jfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
TJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb View Post
One thing I could pass on to all you Taco owners that may not know..there is a TSB(tech service bulletin?) that covers beefing up(changing them to heavier) the rear leaf springs to make them not sag as much..most dealers will do it free if the vehicle has less than 50k miles as I recall..didn't change the ride much at all, just feels more like a truck than a car, but they are manly trucks aint they.. I am gussing it will help supporting the hitch weight, but not eliminating the need for a WDH..take care
Good suggestion. Although I have not experienced any problem with my '01 tacoma with 130,000 on the clock. And I do use a WD hitch
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #7

I put a set of Super-springs & better shocks on my 98 to help out when pulling my pop-up. I just hooked up the 22 ft HiLo to the Tacoma yesterday with a WDH & the set up looks stable & level. I havent had it out on the road yet (still winter here) and I still need to hook up the brake controller. I'm hoping for some strong winds later this week (not hard to find here) so I can go for a test run to see how it handles.

RogerWYO

RogerWYO is offline   Reply With Quote