Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #1

Default Ways to earn money while full time camping

My wife and I are getting ready to start traveling full time and are wondering about some of the ways people earn money while on the road. Especially interested in internet marketing methods. If some of you have ideas about this topic, I would love to hear them. Thanks

redbyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:05 PM   #2

Escapees is a group of mostly full-time RV'ers. They have a job listing board and a forum where there are a number of ideas and examples available for view. As you'd guess, this isn't an uncommon topic, but I don't recall seeing much about it on this forum.

Remembering my last visit to the forum, jobs ranged from working as a campground host (office, maintenance, activities director, etc.), inspecting gas lines for commercial interstate gas companies, drivers, security guards at remote sites, temporary work at Amazon warehouses (i.e.Christmas season), guest ranch, house-sitting, many federal and state parks/wildlife reserves, etc. Don't recall seeing much about internet marketing though.

Escapees RV Club (Home) · Freedom Driven

Good luck

piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the link, piperjim, will definitely check it out.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM   #4

I was curious about this as well. Seems like more jobs are avail as work from home but I'm guessing you'd need mobile satellite internet. Sounds super expensive to get that setup. On top of that be working more as FT instead of at your leisure (unless it's part time).
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #5

Default Earn money full t icing RV

Internet service can be provided t o on star members unlimited for $20.00 per month. The only downfall is you must leave radio while using
rwecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #6

I didn't know that, very interesting.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:50 PM   #7

info@heathandalyssa.com Heath and Alyssa are newly married full timers and have written a couple books and have a blog which I do not subscribe to. I am sure you can find them with a Google search. They have extensively covered the topic of earning a living while on the road, and it was quite interesting to read. Enjoy.
Beach Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #8

Thanks, Beach Papa, I'll take a look.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #9

I have done seasonal work as a test scorer for Pearson. It can be done from anywhere in the US with an internet connection. The pay isn’t great, especially considering that they want a bachelor’s degree, and it’s temporary, but it’s still some spending money that can be earned “on the road”. My jobs with them have been in the spring.

ETA: minimum work week is 20 hours. There is often the opportunity for overtime towards the end of the project. Anything over 8 hours per day gets overtime as well as over 40 hours per week.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #10

Thanks for the info
Old 07-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #11

Default Affiliate marketing

I have been researching some different methods of working online. Pinterest is a good source for finding information about working from home (or on the road). Elise McDowell wrote a good ebook on how to make affiliate sales on Pinterest. Take a look at it here if interested.

https://houseofbrazen.teachable.com/...29492_zbgu6vam

Tags
blogging, earn money, internet marketing, jobs, work from home