Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Off Topic Lounge For friendly, professional, informal exchange of non Hi-Lo topics. No politics or religion topics please.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
sam

Default Wish I had been camping the last five days.

Instead I ended up in the hospital with blood poisoning (sepsis).Feeling 500% better. Glad to be home and to get my life back.

sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #2

Sam
I enjoyed my camping over the last week in the No. Calif mntns. Over 6k ft the temp was excellent.
Then we moved lower and called off camping as the temps went to well over 100 degrees. Boon docking with no 120v power means no A/C. Temps were over 100 until after 11pm, so no relief until early hours. We left in the AM.
Wife started to melt as did the cat and the dogs.

You must be getting good care if you feel 500% better. Sounds like you are on the mend.
Take care and recuperate!

Camping will still be there when you are up to it.

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Sam, you have been having more than your share of health problems. Sounds like you are doing better and have now turned the corner. Hope you get out and get to enjoy some camping. My wife and I have been out twice in the remodeled camper and except for the weather (Memorial weekend to cold and rainy, and the Fourth of July way to hot) everything has went well. Just might have to sell the Aliner if I can get my wife to part with it.

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
sam

Default camping

GaryK52,I wondered if you had gone camping in your newly restored trailer. You need to use it more after all the hard work you put into it. We will be camping in August and I hope the temps. and humidity don"t fry us. I don't do well in the extreme heat and humidity. Thanks to all for the good healing messages.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Instead I ended up in the hospital with blood poisoning (sepsis).Feeling 500% better. Glad to be home and to get my life back.
Sam,

Anyone who is feeling 500% better after what you have been through deserves to go camping. I am glad you are doing better and hopefully you will get your wish soon; I do not want to go camping again until it starts to cool down.

We just spent two weeks on Lake Eufaula [Oklahoma] on the shake-down cruise of our new [to us] Class 'C' motorhome. It was extremely hot and humid so we could not get out as much as we wanted. Carol spent time with her 91-year old mother and I spent a lot of time with my 88-year old brother so we did have a good time. We purchased a towed vehicle [Toad] just three days before we left mainly because it already had all the towing accessories with an SMI braking system. Everything performed flawlessly and we are looking forward to a return visit in cooler climes the last of September for my 55th HS class reunion.

On our way home, we spent the night in a campground and got some rain. The roll up vent above our bed began leaking so we had to put a pan in the middle of the bed to catch the slow drips. When we got home, I got up on top to check it out. The previous owner had painted all four vents black or gray and when I touched the outside of the vent, it just crumbled like burnt paper. Inspection of all the vents showed each one was in the same state of deterioration. The MH is a 2005 model [from Pennsylvania] and I have never seen vents deteriorate to the extent these have in just 8-years of use.

I am supposed to get [4] replacement vent covers today. I am just curious if any of the forum members have painted their vents and experienced this situation. I think the paint had a chemical reaction with the vent material causing the dry rot.

Although we do not own a HiLo any longer, I still find myself checking back almost daily and have given some new members the benefit of having owned [3] HiLo's since the early 1980's. I have joined a MH forum but the membership is so huge and varied that I do not enjoy it as much as this forum.

Sam, I hope you get to go camping soon.

Jerry Curtis
Fredericksburg, TX
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #6

Default Better

Sam
Glad to hear that you are getting better, keep it up.

Later Tim
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #7
sam

Default Feeling much better

Today my daughter had a DR. apt. 45minutes away from our home. We also had some errands to run and ended up being out 8hrs. It was fun going to Lowes and getting some items not available in my hometown. Our truck is in the body shop and I got to drive a Haundai(sp)Elantra from the rental co. Sure beats our honking long ford truck. We have a reservation for camping in August. Told DH that he has to do the routine HiLo maintenance and a few minor repairs before our trip. I hope it isn't blazing hot when we are out. Jerry glad to hear all went well with your shake down trip. Thanks for all the get well wishes. It truly is someone elses turn to create employment at your favorite hospital.