Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #1

Default 1999 31s Slide out problem

Hi all, I'm trying to find some information on how to adjust the slide out on my 1999 Hi-lo 31s. it is not a tip out. Mechanical drawings, part numbers, lube schedule any info would be great. I am having some issues when it slides in. The top binds up when I try to bring it in. I have to grab the top of it and pull it in while it is coming in.

We are new owners and love it so far. Just did a 1500 mile trip around CA, Yosemite, Tahoe lots of fun.

sunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd
Default slideout problems

Do you have pictures of your slideout in full-in,partial-in, and full out positions, and the pictures of or information on in and out procedeures?

robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robobd View Post
Do you have pictures of your slideout in full-in,partial-in, and full out positions, and the pictures of or information on in and out procedeures?
Thanks for the reply robobd. It's funny how a small comment makes a difference. "information on the in and out procedures". I don't have any picture of the slide out. But I did read the procedures on the slide out. I sat in the HI-Lo and was just looking at how it works. Found out that they have these plates that unscrew and slide over the bottom half of the slide out, when the top half is up. This is what holds the top half of the slide out up when it is slid out.
Just have to remember to rotate them back before you lower the top. No body mentioned this when we purchased it.

I still would like the some information on lubrication. I have no information on this at all.
sunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

We have a 2000 310S and should have all the manuals for the unit, but they are in a binder which is in the camper that is in storage!

Yes, the plates get secured prior to putting the slide out. All is done in in reverse to bring the slide in. Going out the unit stops independently; coming back in you need to manually stop it when it is snug. We have only had the slide/unit leveled one time and will probably have the slide leveled at the end of this camping season as our left side has been a bit lower than the right side! Fortunately, we are only 40 minutes from Bellville, Ohio.

We are the original owners and have not had any issues with our HiLo. Actually, I am hoping to have the wheels repacked next week. We use all purpose grease on the lift mechanism and spray lithium grease on the cables and stabilizers.

Let me know what manuals you need and I will do my best to get the information to you. I know that the information is very similar to the tow-lite manual that has already been scanned into the library.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this site about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I am happy to help!

Oh, one issue that we had. Our plug on the 30 ft cable was melted therefore we had to have the cord replaced…no fault of the trailer!
Elaine and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and Bill View Post
We have a 2000 310S and should have all the manuals for the unit, but they are in a binder which is in the camper that is in storage!

Yes, the plates get secured prior to putting the slide out. All is done in in reverse to bring the slide in. Going out the unit stops independently; coming back in you need to manually stop it when it is snug. We have only had the slide/unit leveled one time and will probably have the slide leveled at the end of this camping season as our left side has been a bit lower than the right side! Fortunately, we are only 40 minutes from Bellville, Ohio.

We are the original owners and have not had any issues with our HiLo. Actually, I am hoping to have the wheels repacked next week. We use all purpose grease on the lift mechanism and spray lithium grease on the cables and stabilizers.

Let me know what manuals you need and I will do my best to get the information to you. I know that the information is very similar to the tow-lite manual that has already been scanned into the library.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found this site about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I am happy to help!

Oh, one issue that we had. Our plug on the 30 ft cable was melted therefore we had to have the cord replaced…no fault of the trailer!
The rest of us, I think, need pictures! I had no idea Hilo made anything but tip-outs! I am really interested on what this is, and how they did it! So the TOP doesnt move out? Just the bottom?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #6

Default slide out-not tip out

Well, the unit goes up first, then you secure the slide with metal plates and the couch slides out with the push of a button. (I will post pictures (on another computer) when able.)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #7

Default photos-310S

I uploaded the pictures into a public album…but didn't have enough time to figure out how to put these with the post!
Old 09-04-2022, 02:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine and Bill View Post
I uploaded the pictures into a public album…but didn't have enough time to figure out how to put these with the post!
anyluck with the photos?

JTRippa is offline   Reply With Quote