Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 03-26-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

Default 89 hilo

Does this year have a manual lift? We can't get it to raise. The pump runs, and it will go up an inch or 2 on one side, slightly on the other. Thanks in advance for any advice!

alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:21 AM   #2
Site Team

Owner's manual 1990 25ft classic This is located in the reference library. Closest one to yours. If it's "new" to you, then you'll find most of the answers on this forum.
1st thing, FULL charge on a known good battery. 2nd thing, proper fluid level - about
3/4" from the top when LOWERED. When in the reference library, each "owners manual" you select will have a "sticky" with How to Videos. These contain relevant info on most Hi Los. These units changed very little from year to year, but a few things did change over time. Welcome to the forum, by the way!
Treeclimber

Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
Does this year have a manual lift? We can't get it to raise. The pump runs, and it will go up an inch or 2 on one side, slightly on the other. Thanks in advance for any advice!
From the picture below it will be apparent if you have manual capability. Some trailers do some don't , it was an option on most models. The feature you would look for is the receptical for a piece of pipe. It is right at the very top centre.

The thing that boggles my mind is even if I had manual capability, I couldn't access it anyway because of the motor location if the trailer was lowered. I like the Hilos but some design features are pretty bad.

1985 Funmaker 19R
2004 Chevy Avalanche. Z66
My name is Pat is offline   Reply With Quote