Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #1

Default Hydraulic system troubles

I own a 1994 Voyager and having problems with the hydraulic system when raising. I replaced the battery earlier this summer and added ATF fluid. The upper body starts to lift and then just stops raising and pump stops. Yet there are times when I have no problems. I am new to this, any ideas what I should be looking at? Frustrated.

Eguerrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Are you keeping the battery fully charged? The lift pump requires a fully charged battery to work. The battery will only lift around a half dozen times and then it needs to be charged. The solenoid on the pump could be going bad. You could also have a loose wire, and the master switch has to be in the right position.

(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #3

Rich may be right but also could be a circuit breaker going bad. There are small circuit breakers aprox 1" square in the system. Some may be manual reset and newer ones are auto reset after cooling down. If going bad a auto reset one will trip at a lower amp load then reset after cooling. These are standard auto CB,s and you can get them at any auto parts store, cheap.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #4

PopRichie77 & Jim L,
Thanks for the info. I will these suggestions and put them to work. Once again thank you very much.
Eguerrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

Thumbs up 1999 HiLo

Jim I just wanted to Thank You For helping my Husband & me we did end up having the seals replaced in the cylinder like U said it is working fine my husband Chris said he talked to u for like an hour and just enjoyed talking to u so much. Couldn't of done it with out u. We r schedule to do our very 1st camping trip in it on May the 28 our 12th year anniversary. We can not wait.. Been trying to get on face book are to join the HiLo Club but not having any luck yet I'll keep trying. Would love to one day meet u & Faye. Our HiLo is new to us so excited to try it out..thank U again have a wonderful evening.. Godspeed!! Jeanetta.
Jeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #6

Jeanetta; Thanks for the post. You said you were trying to join a HiLo club on facebook. I have not heard of any club there, but I do not use facebook or know how to search for one there. Someone here on the forum hopefully will let us know if there are other clubs out there. What state do you all live in?
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #7

My 1995 24 footer had an interior repair and now there is a drop of one half inch on passenger side and one inch on drivers side from back to front leaving an unsightly opening about the refrigerator especially.
The manual has a rather incomplete guide and not so clear drawing as to just where the adjustment screws are on the hydraulic tube.
Can you help me find the tube and the adjusting screw?s
John Brysacz
727-459-0010
John Brysacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brysacz View Post
My 1995 24 footer had an interior repair and now there is a drop of one half inch on passenger side and one inch on drivers side from back to front leaving an unsightly opening about the refrigerator especially.
The manual has a rather incomplete guide and not so clear drawing as to just where the adjustment screws are on the hydraulic tube.
Can you help me find the tube and the adjusting screw?s
John Brysacz
727-459-0010
See if this helps you out. The adjustment screws are in between the tires.

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f61/...1998-24td-125/
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #9

Many thanks, Ruben. I was flummoxed and unable to find the nuts. I felt like a blind squirrel.
I feel that this problem is soon to be resolved by a skinny young Amishman.
I am too old, fat and wear trifocals to be able to do it myself.
John
Old 09-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brysacz View Post
Many thanks, Ruben. I was flummoxed and unable to find the nuts. I felt like a blind squirrel.
I feel that this problem is soon to be resolved by a skinny young Amishman.
I am too old, fat and wear trifocals to be able to do it myself.
John
Always glad to help when I can. I still consider myself a novice. I learn something new every time I'm around my trailer or read a few posts on here and I've had my trailer for five years!
Old 09-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM L View Post
Jeanetta; Thanks for the post. You said you were trying to join a HiLo club on facebook. I have not heard of any club there, but I do not use facebook or know how to search for one there. Someone here on the forum hopefully will let us know if there are other clubs out there. What state do you all live in?
https://m.facebook.com/hilotrailer?t...urce=typeahead
Old 09-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #12

Ruben
I had sent you a message someplace other than from here. My question there is still valid. How I got there from here is a mystery.
John