Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Hydraulic lift system
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Hydraulic lift system Hydraulic, mechanical and electrical components of the lift system

Old 05-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #21

how would i get this to go down! he told me today over the phone they always towed it in the up right position bc it made it better to tow! i'm now reading all this and thinking this guy was an idiot! we found tons of things wrong and are slowly making them work again! but wow. it was bad! biggest issue is our motor! he call all lines to it and cant find soemthing showing how they should be. HELP!!!!

Strinetime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #22
Site Team

He DOES sound like an idiot. This might help: http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f51/...ry-wiring-116/ The wiring to the motor is in the second .pdf in the first post. This was a fairly recent model, but there were not many changes over the years.

The part labeled "Start" is the solenoid, I believe. And the part labeled "Valve" is the lowering pressure relief valve I think.

- Jack

JackandJanet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #23

Default HiLo problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strinetime76 View Post
how would i get this to go down! he told me today over the phone they always towed it in the up right position bc it made it better to tow! i'm now reading all this and thinking this guy was an idiot! we found tons of things wrong and are slowly making them work again! but wow. it was bad! biggest issue is our motor! he call all lines to it and cant find soemthing showing how they should be. HELP!!!!
Strinetime; I sent you a private message
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #24

Default 1984 funlite 16k Edition wont lower

Hello all, I have recently bought a hi-lo and have to same problem... I have cleaned up the hydraulic system and wiring is all correct... the safety bar fully engages and disengages when I pull the cable. I have throughly Lubricated all the cables and Pullys underneath the HI-LO and everything is connected correctly... when I hit switch to the up position it makes a Squeal, and which it says in the owners manual I found online is normal an means it is in its upmost position, but when I press it down it does nothing
Jay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #25

Jay82:

Welcome to the group, hope your Hi Lo brings years of fun!

The lowering mechanism works by a solenoid opening a valve which releases hydraulic fluid. Could your solenoid be bad? The solenoid is located, at least in mine, next to the hydraulic pump. Hope that's the problem, it'll be an easy fix.

Others with loads of more knowledge will chime in, too. Again, welcome.

Good luck
piperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #26

Hello piper Jim, I just checked that and jumped The solenoid at the yellow wire the runs the lowering to manually engage the solenoid... it kicked on and it still won’t go down. I fear that it is has air in the system or no fluid and it won’t release not sure how to manually relive the pressure in the pump to bleed and fill the Reservoir
Jay82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay82 View Post
not sure how to manually relive the pressure in the pump to bleed and fill the Reservoir
There's a relief bolt on the pump. Just like the ones on hydraulic floor Jack's. Just turn it slowly to the left and it will lower. You'll have to get someone to pull the safety cable or just pull it all the way out yourself and clamp some vicegrips on it to keep it pulled.
motorpig2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:15 PM   #28

I have the same pump. Where is the relief valve to lower the unit?
rusL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:00 PM   #29

do you know which way rod should move to lower ?
I have 2 threads posted with this problem. Maybe you could look at
the attached pic and direct me. Appreciate it
RusL
Old 07-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #30

The small rod is used to manually lower the top. Facing the trailer push the rod toward rear of trailer to lower the top. You do not have a manual pump to raise the trailer. It was an option and looks like prior owner passed on it