Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #1

Default Hot water heater

I took out my Atwood hot water heater to have repaired, when I removed it the outside trim came off. Now I need to know how the trim piece goes back on. There is a lip around hot water heater and I can't figure out if trim piece goes behind lip next to wood on camper or in front when I screw it on. Where do I apply the butyl tape when I am replacing it. My HILO is a 2693br. The 1st picture is the trim piece, 2nd picture is hot water heater from outside camper, 3rd picture is close up of outside of water heater where lip is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0324.jpg (94.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0323.jpg (45.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0325.jpg (94.3 KB, 34 views)

Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

I maybe wrong, but I would think the trim piece should mount on the front side of the heater lip edge your talking about in the 3rd picture. That way the water will come down the side of the trailer and across the edge of the trim piece and over the lip of the heater box lip. If it was mounted on the backside of that heater box lip your talking about in the 3rd picture then I would think the water would possibly leak behind the heater box and get into the wood area. Hope I explained this accurate enough to understand. Like I said I maybe wrong also, so don't take just my advice.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I took out my Atwood hot water heater to have repaired, when I removed it the outside trim came off. Now I need to know how the trim piece goes back on. There is a lip around hot water heater and I can't figure out if trim piece goes behind lip next to wood on camper or in front when I screw it on. Where do I apply the butyl tape when I am replacing it. My HILO is a 2693br. The 1st picture is the trim piece, 2nd picture is hot water heater from outside camper, 3rd picture is close up of outside of water heater where lip is.
Robin,

Here is a good film put out by Trailer Life and Good Sam Club that should guide you when you are ready to replace your hot water heater.

youtube how to remove an rv hot water heater - Bing Videos

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote