Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Exterior Roof, doors, windows, awnings, etc

Old 07-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
sam

Default Removing silicone caulk tip

Mentioned to my electronic technician brother in law that we had to remove silicone from two exterior windows on our RV. He told me that where he worked that used massive amts. of rubbing alcohol to remove silicone. DH didn't know any better years ago and used silicone caulk to reseal two windows on the RV. You can see where the silicone has pulled away from the windows. I thought we had to remove these windows even though in years past we had resealed with butyl tape. So that only leaves one small window to do a total remove and reseal. I would like to do this before our next camping trip. DH is back working 20 hrs a week. Now that the weather is so dry we are letting the lawn care just bake in the sun. We have a crew doing the 26 items that need to be maintenced at church. Fun wow scraping/caulking ,primming and painting way to many big windows!! Every one loves a handy man!!!! Speaking of love today is our 28th wedding anniversary. Had a quiet dinner at home.as our daughter is at her Grandmothers for family reunion ((five girl cousins.) We went out to dinner on Monday.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #2

Default Congrats

Sam and wife,
Congratulations on the 28th. Hope you have a wonderful celebration.
God Bless
Papa

Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95

Sam,

May we add our congratulations on your anniversary...and may you have many more together!

Being a handy man is a blessing from God. Just heard a report last night that there are as many as 10 million jobs available across this nation that today's generation just do not qualify for or feel it is beneath their station. It seems that today's emphasis is getting that all-important college degree and stepping into a cushy job rather than working with your brain and hands.

We just had a new little firecracker added to our family. A Great Granddaughter was born last night, our 3rd!

God Bless and have a Happy 4th.

Jerry & Carol Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
sam

Default Congratulations

Congrats on the new great granddaughter.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
sam

Default Being handy

My DH is a retired sheet metal fabricator. He told me over and over again that the next generation is not being trained in the trades. Young people don't know how to work hard at manual labor. I see vast differences in my daughters generation.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #6

Default Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 28 years. I hope my wife and I follow in your footsteps and last.
lmelego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

back to the silicone removeal, i used to scrape it with a very sharp,90 degree cut piece of formica and wd40 for lubricant. it wouldn't scrape off the paint but you had to use dish soap and water to degrease after old caulk was removed

robobd is offline   Reply With Quote