Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

Default Blown out Floor, pipe missing

I bought a 97 HiLo.
Knowing the tires needed replacing, but had to tow it home.
One blew out under the oven. It took out the chincy air duct fender and the OSB floor, trailer wiring and some of the water pipe. here is a pic.
There are two T's and also two extra holes in the floor, whats left of it. One hole is the copper propane, are the other two for draining the water lines (one hot, one cold line)?
One of the T's points up, and not sure where it was directed. The other could point anywhere, even along the floor to a hole, but the other could not point horizontally because it would have hit the other pipe. I do not know how much of the plumbing went out the hole driving.
WHERE DID THESE PIPES GO?

Rant:
Anyone done this floor repair before? Seems nothing really structural. I plan to secure the floor back to the wall somehow, maybe angle iron. Mainly need to waterproof the fender well.

I knew trailer would have issues, bought it from a smoker, but my distrust lowballed the price, so I think Im still OK. Can't test all the electrical things since this happened. Only know Fridge works, stove works (hope oven), and lights inside. Can't test roof AC (no reason it would not), or integrity of tanks. I know the black tank leaks, but was not planning on using a toilet, planing to remove it. Found some rot at the rear where the caulking allowed the floor edge to get wet, fatal design flaw. Need to adjust the lift as it is not going 100% up. I think I got the nasty smoker/toilet perfume odor out finally. Smokers are so gross. Cleaned the walls, ceiling and every other surface I could find, steam cleaned the furniture and carpet, but I feel so dirty still every time I go in there. When new tires arrive I will be able to lift trailer enough to remove black tank then toilet and get some demons out of there….. lol

marininn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #2

I made the pipes as drains. Put valves and ran it out the floor.
Repaired the floor by glueing/screwing a 3/4 board under the damage and waterproofing it all. Also a big L-bracket to help secure floor to wall.

Wires mended, and hoping all of them connected to each other correctly, there were several duplicate colored wires.

NOW, I need to know about the tank monitor. There is a gray and black wire coming from the monitor (I assume, cant follow it), and gray and black wires going to the tanks. Black seems to be some sort of ground at the bottom of tank, and gray higher to the tank. Two black and two gray go into floor under shower pan. I cannot see under shower as there is lots of wood framing. Wires disappear there, from the blowout.
What happens with the wires? Why only 2 on the monitor side and 4 on the tank side? Should there be 4 going all the way to the monitor? (I assume the wires got pulled out on the highway and nothing left).
My monitor shows nothing. Could it be shorted out?
The fresh water tank is at the front and unaffected by the blowout, but monitor does not work for that either. I am thinking maybe there was also 12Volt+ going to the monitor that is missing now. Though the pump switch is on the same panel, the pump does have power when I hit switch. Maybe these are two different sets of wiring and 12+ sources?
I assume all the 12+ power would have been routed across my damaged part, so do I need to run power to the monitor?
How do I take monitor off the wall? It does not just pull off easily, seems maybe is attached from behind, but would need to remove fridge to get there.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:43 PM   #3

Driving lights repaired (left, right, tail and reverse). Mostly these 4 wires were tapped together. They are yellow, brown, red and green. Other interior camper wires are the same color. Once I saw a red camper wire tapped into the driving lights loom, so that was confusing and took extra time to sort out, so don't rely on that.
I put the driving lights on 15amp fuses just for fun. $5 fuse block at auto store.