Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #1

Default city water vs fresh water tank

I have a 1998 24TB Towlite I recently purchased. The fresh water tank is in the front under the couch. It appears there is no valves installed in the hot and cold water lines except under the sink allowing draining to the ground. So when I connect to city water the system seems as if it will backfill the fresh water tank. I currently see antifreeze in all lines from the pump to sinks. The fresh water tank is empty and nothing comes out of the drain valve. So my issue is how do I drain the antifreeze without backwashing it into the freshwater tank? Also what happens if I am connected to city water, when the tank becomes full?

towlit554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlit554 View Post
I have a 1998 24TB Towlite I recently purchased. The fresh water tank is in the front under the couch. It appears there is no valves installed in the hot and cold water lines except under the sink allowing draining to the ground. So when I connect to city water the system seems as if it will backfill the fresh water tank. I currently see antifreeze in all lines from the pump to sinks. The fresh water tank is empty and nothing comes out of the drain valve. So my issue is how do I drain the antifreeze without backwashing it into the freshwater tank? Also what happens if I am connected to city water, when the tank becomes full?
Welcome to the forum. You should have a drain valve underneath the trailer and you should have some bypass valves connected along the way for water heater, maybe winterization kit.... I believe that the tank does not fill when connected to city water. Your pump isn't used when connected to city water. You can connect to city water and open all faucets until clear water comes out. Also, don't forget to disinfect your fresh water tank. You can use the search feature and probably find all of the answers you are looking for. The reference library has a ton of great info. Any other question, feel free to ask.

Reference Library - Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

Default city water vs fresh water issues

So after reading some more it appears this model did not have the hot water bypass valves. It also appears the pump and city water connections have a backflow preventer installed to prevent water coming back out the city connection when using the pump and tank, and to prevent filling of the fresh water tank while connected to city water. I will be connecting to city water tommorrow to attempt flushing of the antifreeze, and then filling the fresh water tank and lines with the cleaning solution to try and get the splumbing system ready for use. Next up getting confident enough to test and use the propane system. lol.
towlit554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlit554 View Post
So after reading some more it appears this model did not have the hot water bypass valves. It also appears the pump and city water connections have a backflow preventer installed to prevent water coming back out the city connection when using the pump and tank, and to prevent filling of the fresh water tank while connected to city water. I will be connecting to city water tommorrow to attempt flushing of the antifreeze, and then filling the fresh water tank and lines with the cleaning solution to try and get the splumbing system ready for use. Next up getting confident enough to test and use the propane system. lol.
Do you have the owners manual? The procedure for sanitizing the water system is in there.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote