Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #1

Default First time Hi Lo owner have some questions

Hello i bought my 1976 Hi Lo locally and they guy was not very informative as to how to use the water. According to him when i fill my water tank it pressurizes the tank to make the water come out the faucets. It does have a small air pump that is controlled with a switch. On the outside by the water fill there is a valve like a tire. Looking to see if anyone can explain how to fill and pressurize the water system so i can flush out the water tank.

TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:42 PM   #2

Post a picture of your set up and one of us can help.

dannylvn2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #3

you fill it with water, about leaving space at the top for the air depending how big the tank is. if it has a guage, it must or should have if not put 1 on it. use 20lbs. of air to start or so start low. or I would figure when you turn the air pump on hooked to the valve stem it automatically pressurizes the tank and shuts off from a relief valve. then turn yer water on. also maybe just leave a faucet open at first and don't put water in it see what happens when you pressurize it. that's what I woud do. hope I could help. its like taking a small plastic drum and putting a tire valve stem on it with a guage then pumping air into the tank that's all its quite simple setup.
maestro123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water pressure