Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #1

Default Hand held shower question...

Hello all. I have a 1908T Towlite and want to make the hand held shower non-handheld by attaching it to the fan frame in the bathroom. I have seen a post kind of device that attaches to frame and holds the shower head in pictures of some HIlos. Does anyone know where I can get one. I may just have to make one out of wood.

Thanks
Ray

raysnuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysnuffer View Post
Hello all. I have a 1908T Towlite and want to make the hand held shower non-handheld by attaching it to the fan frame in the bathroom. I have seen a post kind of device that attaches to frame and holds the shower head in pictures of some HIlos. Does anyone know where I can get one. I may just have to make one out of wood.

Thanks
Ray
I use something like this in my trailer.

Amazon.com: Suction Hose Holder for Hand-Held Shower Heads: Health & Personal Care

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #3

Default Suction Cup shower holder..

Hello RCEYES,

Attached is a pic of my shower ceiling where I plan to attach the holder, just inside the shower rails.

Do you attach the suction cup to the ceiling. Will it hold strong enough as the roof goes up and down ??

It looks promising...

Thanks
Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0833.jpg (90.1 KB, 56 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #4

My trailer has a 1" square tube welded into a tee, the upper part of the tee is screwed into the roof framing. The leg of the tee holds the shower head with a bracket. A suction cup holder wouldn't be strong enough because of the surface of the ceiling. You could make the tee with alumium angle and c-channel from any hardware store. The shower head holder (which I replaced mine) I got from a plumbing supply house which was made by GROHE (better options than a hardware store). Also try J&R for Hi-lo parts. This set-up will be strong enough when you raise and lower the trailer. I always lay the hose and shower head in the shower pan when the trailer raises or lowers because I don't want extra stress on the shower valve thats mounted on the wall.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Hello RCEYES,

Attached is a pic of my shower ceiling where I plan to attach the holder, just inside the shower rails.

Do you attach the suction cup to the ceiling. Will it hold strong enough as the roof goes up and down ??

It looks promising...

Thanks
Ray
Ray,

I don't leave it suctioned to the wall. I only do that when I use it. I stow it back where it belongs when not in use.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #6

Default Hand held shower holder..

Thanks campthewestcoast and rceyes for a couple of options to hold a showerhead in my sardine can size shower.

Good advice to replace the shower head in the original holder when lowering the top to not put strain on the new holder or shower head.

Now all I need to do is come up with a replacement for the celophane like plastic shower curtain that wraps around you like a burial shroud during use
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #7

Ray, we replaced our shower curtain.

We purchased 2 white PVC curtains that are weighted. I would try to get them with at least 3 spare inches on the bottom below the weights. I trimmed 2 inches off the bottom of the curtains so they wouldn't bunch up in the bottom of the shower.

We took one curtain and secured it in the fasteners along the back side of the shower. We then secured the other curtain in the track behind the shower head. We overlapped the edges by 3 hooks on both sides of the shower, taking care to overlap the curtains facing away from the water.

And because we believe in overkill, we also took a thinner clear plastic shower curtain and ran it in the hooks all along the sides where the wood can get damaged, this curtain is on the outside of the other 2.
w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
sam

Default Hand held shower

Easy solution! Purchase a pair of flip flops and shower in the campsite shower house. That is what your camping fee pays for. Burn up their propane/hot water.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #9

Default Shower Curtain Solution

Thanks campthewestcoast and sam for replys. I will try the weighted curtain. And Sam I get the willies just thinking about some of the camp ground showers I've seen.....
Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks campthewestcoast and sam for replys. I will try the weighted curtain. And Sam I get the willies just thinking about some of the camp ground showers I've seen.....
You use those showers only when it is dark, then you won't notice as much. And don't forget to wear your flip-flops.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
sam

Default Showers at campgrounds.

We mostly camp at our state campsites and on ocassion at a KOA in our western NY area. Haven't hit a bad one yet.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote