Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #21

I was already putting wood floor in the bathroom area so I guess I'm just gonna bring it on out. It's only one more box of flooring.

misfit429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #22

misfit
As a plumber I say a good job of glueing pvc.
Also as a plumber I have to tell you that is not a true vent. Not saying it won't work, most of the time.
A vent is supposed to end above the highest drain. Which is why the hi-lo came out of the roof, as do all other manufactured RV. At the height you have the outside plumbed to, it will leak fumes and gases into the lower half during transport and storage since the exit is below the belt seal of the upper half.

May work OK, but I have my doubts.

Now back to minding my own business!

steve

kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #23

I do realize that Renoites. This is not for everyone I agree. As busy as I am I am lucky to get a full week of camping once a year and maybe a weekend here and there so trailer doesnt get much use. Anywhere I camp has sewer connections or a dump station so trailer will never be stored or have waste in the tanks for long. After dumping my black tank, I mix Downy with some water in the tank and then pull it home. This rinses the tank, leaves a fabric softener film on inside of tank that nothing sticks to, and leaves tank smelling fresh and clean. So if any fumes leak into the trailer during storage, it just leaves a nice fresh scent in the trailer.As we discussed here, there are AAV valves to help the sink drains. The vent is just for smell and gasses so I think I should be fine. But you very well could be right. All I know is the ventpipe had to go for the bathroom to be rearranged and more functional. I always appreciate input from anyone. I'm playing this by ear and learning as I go. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit429 View Post
I do realize that Renoites. This is not for everyone I agree. As busy as I am I am lucky to get a full week of camping once a year and maybe a weekend here and there so trailer doesnt get much use. Anywhere I camp has sewer connections or a dump station so trailer will never be stored or have waste in the tanks for long. After dumping my black tank, I mix Downy with some water in the tank and then pull it home. This rinses the tank, leaves a fabric softener film on inside of tank that nothing sticks to, and leaves tank smelling fresh and clean. So if any fumes leak into the trailer during storage, it just leaves a nice fresh scent in the trailer.As we discussed here, there are AAV valves to help the sink drains. The vent is just for smell and gasses so I think I should be fine. But you very well could be right. All I know is the ventpipe had to go for the bathroom to be rearranged and more functional. I always appreciate input from anyone. I'm playing this by ear and learning as I go. Thanks.
Thanks for that little bit about Downey in the black water tank. I'll have to try that.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #25

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit429 View Post
One of the members on the forum mentioned to throw a couple of bags of ice into the black water tank to give it a "scrubbing" as you drive.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #26

I don't know about the ice but I know the Downy (or any liquid fabric softener) does work. The people I bought my Hi/Lo from told me about it and have been using it. They learned about it from the guy they bought it from. So I guess it's been used for years on this trailer. Recently when I was relocating the toilet inlet in the tank, I stuck an inspection mirror in the hole and had a look. The whole tank was immaculate. And it smelled good too!