Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
jdb

Default pump wont quit3

Hi, i fixed the leaky inline filter on my pump. The pump still keeps running after i shut off the faucet. There is one thing of interest. Not sure what it means. I hooked up the city water and ran it for awhile, filling up the hwh, completely, ala prv. I closed the prv, unhooked the city water, bypassed the hwh, and turned on the pump. The pump didn't run, until i turned on the faucet. Then, it wouldn't turn off after i closed the faucet. Does that mean the pressure switch is good?

jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb View Post
Hi, i fixed the leaky inline filter on my pump. The pump still keeps running after i shut off the faucet. There is one thing of interest. Not sure what it means. I hooked up the city water and ran it for awhile, filling up the hwh, completely, ala prv. I closed the prv, unhooked the city water, bypassed the hwh, and turned on the pump. The pump didn't run, until i turned on the faucet. Then, it wouldn't turn off after i closed the faucet. Does that mean the pressure switch is good?
It might mean that. Sounds like you "captured" pressure in the system that was supplied by the city water. When you opened the faucet (hot water?) the pressure bled off and then, since the hot water tank was bypassed, there was no more supply to pressurize the line via the pump, so it kept running.

I think I'd wait till spring and you can fill all the fresh water tankage to pass final judgement though. Replacing the pump is a pretty easy task, if it's at all like mine, and these pumps are available at any RV place or online.

- Jack

Old 11-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
jdb

Default pump wont quit3

Thanks Jack. I was trying to duck the expense of a whole pump. I could get a repair kit for half price... Alas, I think i'll bite the bullet on this one.
jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd

I would also check your city inlet(where you hook up the hose) , on mine it was dripping and was a point of pressure loss.
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote