Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to johnpeace
Default Replacement toilet

As the thread subject suggests, I'm looking for a replacement potty for my 2088.

Any recommendations?

Looking for value and durability.

johnpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #2

Thetford seems to be the leader in this area. The toilet that came in our Hi-Lo is the Thetford Aqua Magic IV, which appears to have been replaced by the Aqua Magic V model. This model is available in a "hand flush" or a "foot flush". There seems to be a lot to pick from.

There are high boy styles (tall) toilets, porcelain toilets, and units with "home style" seats.

I think there are two areas to look at here, personal preference and make sure it fits (I mean fits the trailer ).

Here's a link to Thetford toilets, be sure to look at the ones in the "RV Toilet" section. Thetford Toilets

Neal

Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #3

Default Toilet

No matter what brand of toilet you pick, they are simular in the fact they are all shorter than a housold toilet. I use a product called a throne riser, it will rase the toilet 2". the product cost about $25.00 to $30.00 you can get it at any RV store. It is very easy to install takes about 30 min and comes with easy instructions to follow.
Sam
Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #4

Question toilet repair

HELP my toilet isn't getting water! any suggestions?
sam albright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #5

Default Toilet Repair

I had a the same problem, assuming that you have pressure in the line, the water control valve is bad. It's located on the back, near the top.

Check the supply line to the toilet for blockages and flush the line just to be sure. I removed the toilet and ran a temperary tube into a bucket. Always replace the floor flange gasket to avoid furture leaks.

In my 97 towlite, I had a AQUA MAGIC IV, I was able to get a replacment water control valve kit. I installed it and could not get the O-ring to seat, causing it to leak, even changing to different O-rings with no luck.

The valve from the factory didn't quite match up to my old toilet and caused a small drip.

I ended up replacing the toilet to a AQUA MACIC V. I oppted for the hand operated one because the foot operated pedal took up floor space when I steped out of the shower.

Les 97 21ft. towlite 06 Toyota Tocoma
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote