Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1

Question Shower does not drain fast

I have '94 classic 22'. Like new as it's only been used 5 times. Yes only 5 times. The shower has always drained extremly slow to almost not. Does anyone have a plumbing diagram to show how it is routed to the gray water holding tank. The kitchen sink and bathroom basin drain ok.

Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #2

try some liquid draino snake drain cleaner. it should open it up

PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

If the Draino doesn't fix the problem. You should be able to remove the panel on the side of the tub, the drain pipe is underneath. This is how it is on a 95- 21 ft Tow-Lite, Classic may be different, The pipes are cemented together, so if it is a construction problem the whole tub may have to be removed after cutting the pipe in two.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #4

My wife figured that the shower in our 2207T would make an excellent location for the cat box, which worked fine until some litter got spilled in the shower and subsequently went down the drain ... and plugged it up! I had to fill the shower base with water and let it soak for several days before I could successfully plunge it free. Lesson learned!!!!

Being there is only one air vent for the all of the holding tanks I doubt it is the problem in this case ... try the this site for ideas How To Unclog A Drain Without Toxic Chemicals

John

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
The kitchen sink and bathroom basin drain ok.
They use the same vent as the tub and the same drain pipe which is connected directly to the gray water tank.
If I remember correctly there is a trap under the tub, which is probably blocked.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #6

Since its the shower drain that is slow, could be the same #1 cause that makes the bath/shower drain slow at our house... hair. When our kids were long-haired teens still at home, I needed to clean the hairball out of the shower drain trap every other month. I found the perfect tool (at either Home Depot or Lowe's, and they still have them). It's basically a two foot long by 3/8"strip of heavy, but flexible, plastic, notch-cut to have barbs along the length on each side. Push it down the drain hole, work it around a bit and fish the hair ball back out. Somewhat gross, but works like a champ.

HAH! Now that the kids are on their own, they sport haircuts too short to cause drain problems and I KNOW its because they don't want want to clean the hair out of the shower drain... Well, one is a U.S. Marine, so I'll give him some slack!

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #7

Default shower does not drain fast

Go to the cloth covered pipe in the bathroom, you need to check and see if the pipe is not comming up as the roof is rased. When the pipe is in the down
possion it blocks the drain for the tub. You may need to remove the old pipe and install a new one. You may be getting excesive sewer smell in the trailer. This is because the vent pipe is not conected to the roof. I disconect the Pipe from the roof and cover it with a cloth before lowering the roof, to keep from braking the pipe. I reconect the pipe each time I rase the roof.
Sam
Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #8

I can see water in my drain of my shower. It won't go down. Unless I open the drain valve for the tank. Sounds like the same issue with mine.

Harry
wvjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #9

There is a water trap under the tub, shower. Same as under the sink. If the water drains below the tub, it should be normal. The air vent may also be blocked as mentioned before. We had trouble with the vent tube braking on the 95, the cause was worn out (Glide Blocks) which cause miss alignment of the vent tube when putting the top down.