Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Plumbing, Water, Tanks and Waste Fresh water, storage tanks, faucets and fixtures.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #1

Default What am I missing?

Hello,

Well finally it is time to get to work on the camper. I am fired up. I have a few issues.

Picture one is where I hook up the city water (I am guessing), but it looks like I am missing a part. Can anyone help me out, please?

Picture two is where the water is draining when I flip the switch for the pump (I am guessing that is what the switch is for). I am guessing that this is where the fresh water tank empties when I need to empty it out for transportation. It appears that there should be something there to keep it from just dumping constantly when I turn on the pump. Is there an attachment or something that needs to be placed on here. I am thinking of installing a valve on the inside of the camper under the sink. Would that work better than finding the attachment I need for the underneath of the camper.

And lastly when I get it plugged and stopped, will that allow me to build enough pressure to take a shower?

I appreciate all the help in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water fill.jpg (11.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg water drain.jpg (13.1 KB, 78 views)

cav117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

Picture 1 is where you fill the fresh water tank. You use your garden hose at home or the hose in a campground. At home you should use a hose made for fresh water.
Picture 2 is where you hook up hook up city water. the end is corroded off. also the back check valve is under there and it is bad, the reason water is coming out when the pump is on. Look at some of the manuals in the Reference Library. there are pictures that show these items.

PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
sam

Default Questions answerede

Picture # 1 iswhere you fill your freshwater tank. Your pump draws the water from here. Picture #2 is for the campsites that have a water faucet on site. The built in check valve is leaking. Two solutions,Replace the whole unit ( may have at Walmart or any RV store) or a male hose plug at tyhe Rv store. This will stop leakage and alow the pump to presurize the water lines. Two types of camping one with water at your site and one with your only source of water from your freshwater tank that you possibly filled at home.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
sam

Default #1 picture

Nothing is missing from picture #1. You have all the parts. One time my neighbor and I were having a converasation while washing our HiLo. We left the fresh fill door open and crunched it when we lowered the HiLo. Straightened it out the best we could because a new one costs $60.00. sam
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #5

There should be a drain valve to drain the fresh water tank, many Hi-Lo trailers have it on the curb side front corner. If not there you may have to crawl underneath to find it.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Nothing is missing from picture #1. You have all the parts. One time my neighbor and I were having a converasation while washing our HiLo. We left the fresh fill door open and crunched it when we lowered the HiLo. Straightened it out the best we could because a new one costs $60.00. sam
I'm having problems filling my tank, like its airlocked and it spits the water back out. Believe having the forward end of the trailer too low may cause this.
Do I need to raise it pitched up slightly?
Thanks
Den2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #7

Den, That sounds more like the tank is full. Have you checked it? There is a small hole to allow the air to escape - It is on the left in Cav117's photo #1. Even if that was blocked filling slowly should work,
Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
sam

Default Trouble filling water tank.

One time this happened to me on a campout without my husband. A fellow camper came to my rescue. We lifted up the couch and took the clamp off the water hose. It must have had an airlock. Lifted up hose then clamped hose back. Has worked many years trouble free.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #9

Den2,
You should have an access door to the inside next to the Tank fill door. I assume your fill is in the front like my 2209. Open it and check the fill hose inside, mine on the 2209 went up before going down, this causes the water to push back out. The fix was to put a large wire tie on the hose where it was going up and tie it down to one of the pipes, so that it all slants down hill. Hope you understand, not sure I explained it right.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
Old 09-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95
Default Water being regurgitated when filling

Den2
I'm having problems filling my tank, like its airlocked and it spits the water back out. Believe having the forward end of the trailer too low may cause this.
Do I need to raise it pitched up slightly?
Than[/B]ks

Den2, We recently purchased our 2406 T that was having the very same problem. What I found was, when they were making the fill valve to tank connection, they had too much of the filler hose connected. It actually arced upward so that when the hose was inserted, the water was trying to run uphill and flowed back toward the outside filler. I took the filler hose off and cut an inch or two off it to make it drop downward slightly and it works fine now.

Jerry & Carol Curtis
2406 T
Fredericksburg, TX
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #11

Wow - what a silly problem with a simple fix. This forum would be a great resourse for the new owner to make a better Hi-lo.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #12

Yes, it is a silly problem and it appears to have existed for many years, I guess the quality control person didn't know that water won't run up hill.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #13

So Richard, your only access to the tank is thru the cupboard doors? Like I said mine was modified so the top under the couch comes off. We are going up this weekend so I'll take some pictures of the mod. It sure makes winterizing a breeze.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #14

Unfortunately PopRichie when a company, any company, wants to save money, the first people to get rid of are the QC people. This "money savings" procedure usually comes back and bites them in the butt.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote