Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:37 PM   #11

So I disconnected the battery and no lights still. All the rest of the Hi Lo is powered, just not the mid section.

iwillbetheeraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #12

If that it is it , Jack, it's a guess worthy of click n clack. I can't wait to find out.

2010 Nissan Titan king cab SE
4x4
hilltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillbetheeraser View Post
So I disconnected the battery and no lights still. All the rest of the Hi Lo is powered, just not the mid section.
Now you've confused me again. Sorry, I'm old (76) and my brain is feeble, so bear with me!

You say the "mid-section" is not powered?? Does that mean the interior lights are working at the ends of the trailer? Does the water pump run? Does the furnace work? Does the tongue jack work? Will the refrigerator turn on in the DC mode? How about the ceiling fan? (I'm naming things here that are 12V DC powered in an attempt to determine if your converter is putting out 12V electricity. If it's not, then there is some problem in the converter's 12V DC side.

If you attach jumper cables from your tow vehicle battery to the positive and negative battery cables in your trailer, now that you've removed the battery there, do the inoperative things work again?

If you attach multimeter probes with the multimeter in the DC Volts mode to the positive and negative trailer battery cables, do you see voltage? It should probably be in the neighborhood of 14V if the converter is trying to deliver a charging current to the (removed) battery.

I've listed things here that should help you troubleshoot your problem and narrow down the cause. Try them and report back.

- Jack

JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote