Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #1

Exclamation NEED HELP!! ELX-45 converter power panel swap to progressive dynamics 9200 converter

please i need to know if anyone has done this swap and could walk me thru the install on the DC panel. my 2007 elixir elx-45 unit does not have enough lugs to have ALL the wires i need in it without ones touching so that to me doesnt look like it will work. i dont think you can hard wire the ground to the new converter which my unit was jerry rigged to hard ground into the battery box which makes no sense but im stumped as i have it all out and im waiting for my new PD 9200 series and i just need to know where the wires will end up. if anyone has pictures id die!! and i would love to hear input on the install. please anything relevant will help!! i already have my AC power figured out i just need to know where to wire the new inverter to the old 12v DC fuse board, or i need to know if you bought a different board with 4 lugs on it instead of just the 3 i see on mine :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0274[1].jpg (250.2 KB, 35 views)

Gulfbound27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:44 PM   #2

sorry picture is sideways -_-

Old 08-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #3

oh and also if i have to buy the 12v panel or that is what you did with success please let me know where to buy the 12v fuse panel with the 11 slots or more, i cannot for the life of me find the RV 12v fuse panel online with 4 lugs. i know they make them aftermarket though i have seen one in a video on youtube. but it was a 60 amp one so i am not sure if that matters
Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #4
sam

Default Give a service tech at Best Converter a call.

www.Best Converter..com 1-888-828-1893 This is where we got our new converter from DH has a back ground in electrical electronics so he installed it in our 1990 25ft. Classic. It was even a little challenging for him. It this doesn't work out for you I will give you the contact info. for the parts person at our HiLo dealership. Have the model # of what you are replacing handy so they can guide you.Keep us posted.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:52 PM   #5

Already have a friend at General RV who will take care of me but he is not the actual mechanic and the guys a really busy up here in the summer, if I cannot find out how to wire it up or get help I will end up there. Thanks though.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfbound27 View Post
Already have a friend at General RV who will take care of me but he is not the actual mechanic and the guys a really busy up here in the summer, if I cannot find out how to wire it up or get help I will end up there. Thanks though.
HI; Welcome to the forum. I upgraded my converter to a PD 4500 series. It was pretty much a direct replacment. I am not sure just what you are working with tho. HyLo thru the years used a number of ways that they wired for power, and many owners made changes also. My PD 4500 has 5 positions for the AC circuit breakers plus the main 30 amp breaker. It has 11 or 12 fuse positions for the DC circuits. Was no problem to switch out. I sent you a private message so read it and get back if you want more info.
2017 Silvarado, crew cab 1500 6.2L gas w/ 8 speed tranny
central VA
JIM L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #7

Thanks very much Jim I was able to get it all wired back up and running lights furnace and hot water tank and outside lights too however all I have today is dead batteries I have everything working but my power jack and fridge and roof a/c, the Ac I believe is shot but the fridge worked before when I had batteries hooked up. Going to get a new battery tomorrow and see if anything changes I'm 100% sure the power front landing jack will work with a new battery and I will update. I'm taking pics to show what I did as well
Old 11-10-2021, 04:52 AM   #8
Nic

Can you send me how to wire up converter pls
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 09:59 AM   #9
Site Team

Nic, welcome to the forum. It would help to know what brand converter you are installing, but, here's a link to the thread I wrote when I installed my Progressive Dynamics converter. https://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f28...lacement-7659/ It has pictures and shows some mistakes and work-arounds I made when doing it.

- Jack
Old 11-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #10

You can look at our post, we replaced ours. we did it over the course of three days, taKing pictures and labeling things well. It's not bad.

2008 Chevy Silverado XLT w/10k Equil-i-zer Hitch
2006 Hi-Lo 27T
riki4570 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help elixir elx 45