Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #1

Default Pame's Stupid Question of the Day - Lightbulbs

Okay...Mr. Handyman Fix-it Guy (not) who tried to renovate this 87 FunChaser decided (I think) to add additional 12v lights and now, nothing is working...it did last night and found a blown fuse this morning. However, in looking at his "handywork" and yes, I use THAT term loosely, it appears that there are different size bulbs in each and every fixture in the entire trailer. Because I have no manual, can someone please tell me what size bulb should be in the original fixtures (like the little sconses on the walls)....sigh....

weldonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
sam

Default Lt bulbs in trailer

I have a 90 HiLo Classic and if my memory serves me well we have different bulbns in our lights with small pleated lamp shades. It is 1am and hubby is sleeping so I can't ask him. We will be taking our trailer in to the flooring replacement shop tomorrow. I,ll ask hubby and look if necessary. I know we have a bag of assorted spare bulbs in the trailer. One thing we encountered was the lamps flickering and going out( lt. smacking of the shade would sometimes help. Another Hi Lo owner came up with the solution. Had to solder the contact point on the lamp to make a better contact point. The area wore down This fix worked very well. Ask any question. We are here to help. Sam

sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
sam

Default Lt bulbs

Pam,I,m in the doghouse.I,ve been under a deadline to get two projects done and forgot to look in the trailer at the lt.bulbs. Sleep debrivation doesn,t help. Any way I,ve written my self a note to look at the light bulbs when we get the trailer back in a day or so. Don,t want to pick up the HiLo in the pouring rain that is predicted for tomorrow. We looked in our supply catalog from our HiLo dealer. Can,t guarantee mthis 100% accurate. Lt. fixtures with pleated shades have a double base bulb 1#1034. Reading lamps,small wooden enclosure could have a Prefocus bul high intensity bulb 1143K. Square lights withplastic lenses have a single contact bayonet/2 pins 67 or 93. Bayonet means two bumps ,one on each side of the gold band. The light bulb clicks in and is turned to lock/secure in place. I think in the future my hubby may change all our lts. to LED. Hope this helps and you get your lts. restored. sam HTF members feel free to corect if this information is wrong. sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote