Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Electrical Systems, Charging and Solar Electrical components and wiring, batteries, charging systems, generators and solar topics.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #1

Default Silly switches

We have a 1998 26RD. There are switches installed that seem to do nothing. One is in the rear bath over the cabinet above the window. Had same switch in older Hi-lo.
Also there is is lighted toogle switch on side of counter above where the hot water tank is. It only ligts up for a second. Would this be an electric sparker for the water heater?

Thanks for the help.Plan on driving it back to BSA National Jamboree, and stay off site. I will be working there as part of the Safety Staff.

fireguy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy69 View Post
We have a 1998 26RD. There are switches installed that seem to do nothing. One is in the rear bath over the cabinet above the window. Had same switch in older Hi-lo.
Also there is is lighted toogle switch on side of counter above where the hot water tank is. It only ligts up for a second. Would this be an electric sparker for the water heater?

Thanks for the help.Plan on driving it back to BSA National Jamboree, and stay off site. I will be working there as part of the Safety Staff.
The switch in the rear bath on my 97 towlite operates power to the light in the shower when light is turned on. Not sure of the lighted toogle. Les

campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #3

Default Silly switches

Yes, the rear light switch is a remote switch for the shower light. I'm guessing that the people at Hi-Lo felt that the shower curtain is usually in the way of the shower stall light when you enter the bathroom. The other toggle switch you mention is your water heater switch. The switch will light until the burner fires, then the light will go off.
Enjoy your trip to the Jamboree. I have a friend that will also be there on staff. He is also our international rep, and has taken Scouts to Scotland several times. I accompanied them in 2006. You have to do that trip. I am a retired Scoutmaster and was previously on Council committees.
firemarshal is offline   Reply With Quote