Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #1

Default AC condensation drain?

I have recently purchased a 1994 21FLL with Dometic Duo-Therm AC unit. I just got back from a long trip and we used the AC for two days straight at one point. It was the second day I noticed water leaking from my inside Winegard antenna control on the ceiling. I surmised that the AC must be collecting water condensation and it is leaking into the inside of the roof/ceiling. How can I go about tackling this problem? TIA.

12 x 6 enclosed toy hauler trailer
MagnaFazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #2

Default A/C drain

The a/c drains on to the roof from several large wholes in the bottom of the a/c pan. The fact that you are getting water leaking from the antna crank tells me you need to reseal your antna base.

You probly need to take a good look at all the roof seal while you are up there. The a/c has a gasket between the roof and a/c and if it were leaking it would be at the base of the a/c not the tv crank.

When you seal the antna base make sure you don't seal the rotating portion of the base or you won.t be able to rotate the antna. Resealing a roof is not a hard job. You can use several different types of product, make sure it is designed for your type of roof eather metal or rubber. You can get it in a caulking gun or as paint on, neather is hard to do.

At a shop you would be charged 1 to 3 hour labor depending on the amount of clean up need on the old sealant. Rember that the roof can be resealed over the old sealant about 3 or 4 times before you need to remove all the old build up of sealant.

When I ajust my cable's I let the road side rear cable a little low to make the water from the a/c drain away from the door. I hate it when the water drips right over the entry door and makes a mud whole by the steps. With the humity of Louisiana this is a big problem.
Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote