Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:02 AM   #1

Default A/C condenser fin tool feedback

The previous owner had our trailer parked under a tree. As a result, when the wind blows as it does here, the branches hit the A/C condenser and bent the aluminum fins. There are numerous tools on the market claiming to be able to straighten fins, so I'm looking for feedback. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with these tools? Any preferred brand or type?

underpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #2

I purchased this one for home use after buying the only one they had at lowes which was garbage.

http://www.amazon.com/Robinair-18403...rch_detailpage

I've used it on the house A/C \ car radiator\window A/C. I chose it since it was cheap and i'm able to comb different size fins.

It works perfect if the fins aren't mashed together bad. If they are mashed together bad you might need to use a toothpick to carefully try to get it open so you can run a comb through it or just leave it and focus on the rest. Getting a small smashed section open is pretty tedious and time consuming depending on how bad it is.

If I were to buy one again I would get one like this because depending on the area I can't straighten the outter edge of the Condensor due to the width of the tool head.http://www.amazon.com/Allstar-ALL106...words=fin+comb
Johnx is offline   Reply With Quote