Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #1

Default Furnace Supply Vents

My Towlite came with two heater vents very close to each other, right next to the entry door. I'm guessing the idea was to provide maximum heating to the dinette/ bed combo?

I would like to relocate one of the vents around the cabinet corner so that it points towards the tip-out sofa. It looks like a pretty simple mod but there is one thing that gives me pause . . . the proximity to the propane detector if I were to relocate the vent.

My question is, has anyone done a similar mod? Do you think having the vent close to the propane detector would cause it to false alarm?

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (96.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 016.jpg (96.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 017.jpg (95.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 018.jpg (92.3 KB, 10 views)

Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #2

My hi-lo has 2 htr vents. one in the bathroom and one by the entry door, which points towards the tip-out sofa. Exactly like yours!

If worried I would just move the gas sensor instead of moving the ducting. Plus it shouldn't be near the door. To much ventilation. Mine is on the bath/sofa wall.
Much easier.

Plus if the htr isn't being efficient/leaking and there is a gas issue it would be better to know of the issue. Regardless of the placement.

I don't have a gas sensor in my hi-lo. Propane is purposely scented like rotten eggs, and even a small amount is very noticeable.

As you may have noticed in my past posts. I am a large proponent of CO sensors. The silent killer. Regardless of the age of the trlr, and mine is 30 years old.

As an EMT, I was a first responder to several home CO deaths. Every one should know the first symptoms of CO intoxication.
But having a CO detector that is functional is the most important, after good and safe equipment.
kd7ctk
renoites is offline   Reply With Quote