Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #1

Default Marshall gas regulator

Does the black plastic leaver that points to the tanks do anything? Mine works even when not pointed to the open tank. Also the red/green sight indicator is it help to red fill level on tanks? thanks

Hidonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidonlo View Post
Does the black plastic leaver that points to the tanks do anything? Mine works even when not pointed to the open tank. Also the red/green sight indicator is it help to red fill level on tanks? thanks
It might be the automatic change over that will switch tanks as one is used up.

RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

Quote:
The black lever indicates (points to) which cylinder is in operation. For example, if the lever is pointing to the left tank and the indicator is green on top, that tank is in service. If the lever is pointing to the left tank but the indicator is red, the regulator has automatically switched over to the spare (right) tank and it's time to refill the left one, as it is empty.
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #4

So it does not shut off gas flow to the tank it is pointed at? Ok I thought the regulator may be broken because there is gas flow in both directions. thanks
Hidonlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:01 PM   #5

Quote:
So it does not shut off gas flow to the tank it is pointed at? Ok I thought the regulator may be broken because there is gas flow in both directions. thanks
My understanding is that, once it switches over to the new tank, it cuts off the old tank. The old tank's valve should be turned off manually at that point. The black lever will need to be manually switched over to the new tank just so you know which tank you are feeding from. When you do that, the indicator should turn green.
Luckydog671 is offline   Reply With Quote