Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #1

Default Vent fan won't work

Our vent fan for the frig will not come on. I have checked the fuses and the all are OK. Looking for any recommendations.

dschulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #2

dschulz -

When we first got our Hi-Lo, we thought our refrigerator fan didn't work. Others here on HTF explained to us that this fan has a thermostat, and even when the switch is turned on, the fan won't run unless the thermostat kicks it in. Happily we discovered that our fan worked fine.

You may already know this, but it doesn't hurt to make sure. Since you have already checked the fuses, I tried to find a good wiring diagram for the fan circuit, so that you could test the circuit. The best one I found, and it’s not very good, is from Dometic. It's here in our library, here's the link...

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f47/...c-288/#post777

I think your next step is to use an electrical tester and check each point of the fan circuit to see where the failure is.

Neal

Old 02-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #3

Default vent fan

I found this to be true also.
I thought our vent fan was bad and started looking around for a new one when I figured out the fan only runs when its needed. I'm glad I didn't buy a new one, they don't exactly give them away.
allenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
Site Team

In addition the the "only runs when needed" comments above, did you check the inline fuse that is only accessible from the outside? You have to take off one of the outside vents to get to it.

- Jack