Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

HVAC, Appliances and Propane Systems Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigerator, stove, propane systems and more.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk52 View Post
Epoweredrc, can you get a photo what these 2 cords are connected to? Do you have a multimeter to check voltage on the plug that isn't connected. Don't grab a hold of prongs on that plug till you make sure it has no voltage.
I do have a digital multi meter. I will try it later if i have time. I have been busy doing all kinda stuff not just camper stuff today.
I am pretty sure both just go into there breaker box inside the camper. when i was looking at the breakers yesterday it seemed i seen 2 different black wires going in but i will see if i can see it better and see about getting a Picture

Epoweredrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #22

So what you're saying is both plugs are hot when 1 is plugged in?

No! He says he has a controller (which my 2076B does not), so it must do it automatically, or it must be swtiched.

Navy Vietnam Vet
Bruce from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #23

I don't see where he says he has a controller. I see where he said "yes it does have a power inverter box thing inside its next to the holding tank up front." I was thinking he meant converter to change 110 to 12 volts. Epoweredrc are your lights 12volts or 110volt?

96 24' Hi-Lo Funchaser, (99 Aliner Sofabed Sold 6/9/18)
06 Toyota Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4X4 36,000 miles and counting
garyk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #24

Quote:
I don't see where he says he has a controller. I see where he said "yes it does have a power inverter box thing inside its next to the holding tank up front." I was thinking he meant converter to change 110 to 12 volts. Epoweredrc are your lights 12volts or 110volt?
Well Gary, I'm just going to blame that on my West Nile'd Brain! You're Right, He just said he had a power inverter box "thing", and I presumed that was a converter/controller.

However it is, unless the PO did it, I'm sure it had to meet Code for Hi-Lo.
Navy Vietnam Vet
Bruce from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce from Kansas View Post
Well Gary, I'm just going to blame that on my West Nile'd Brain! You're Right, He just said he had a power inverter box "thing", and I presumed that was a converter/controller.

However it is, unless the PO did it, I'm sure it had to meet Code for Hi-Lo.
I do not know what a controller is...
yes it has a power convertor inside it but honesty not sure why no it seems no lights work on 12 volts. now the Pump for the fresh water might run off 12 volts but as i have seen that be the only thing works on 12 volts
Old 07-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #26

I Own a 77 but looked at a few before buying. 1 plug is to power the lower House plugs( 110 ) and converter. The other is to power the air conditioner and any house plugs (110 ) It plugs in on the upper half( OUTSIDE on passenger side top). They both connect to hot side of breaker box next to converter under the seat. So if plugs ( cords ) are the same it wouldn't matter just don't plug both up to shore power at the same time.The one you plug into the air conditioner goes thru another breaker in upper cabinet before running to air. (1 to shore power and lower half and 1 to upper half ). I redid my wiring and made the plug I hook into to shore power with about 4 ft long, just long enough to reach outside of the power cord storage box. The other long enough to power upper half when lifted.
MrEd HiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #27

Change converter to inverter
MrEd HiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:43 AM   #28

Mine only has 3 sets each double outlet like a normal house outlet would be. and there all in the lower half. next to stove, in front of the sink and in bathroom beside that sink. and the one down facing to the back of the refrigerator. I have a busy day but will try to test that other plug today for power while the other is plugged in. we are trying to pack and move this week, work on the camper getting it set up and I have to take my father to dr apointments this week so very busy busy.