Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Travel and Adventure
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #1

Default Dry camping Blue ridge reservoir Northern Arizona

Spent four days dry camping near Blue ridge reservoir in northern Arizona. 7000 feet elevation with highs in the low 80s and mid 40s at night , Heaven for a couple from the low desert of Phoenix. We found a great spot in the woods with lots of pine tress for shade. We were camped 2 miles from the narrow winding canyon bound body of water that is so picturesque and secluded . We kayaked every day and got some great pictures , if you Kayak , this place is to die for. We even came upon a pelican hanging out who was not afraid of us at all.
Hi-Lo did great , we got there Sunday afternoon and left Wednesday evening and our batteries held up no problem. All bulbs replaced with LEDs has helped a lot on the battery draw. I do have two group 27 deep cycle batteries in the battery box up front , and they last a long time with just water pump and LEDs being the only draw. Could have gone several more days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1488.jpg (99.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1416.jpg (100.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1408.jpg (96.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1470.jpg (100.0 KB, 46 views)

455lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #2

Default Wow

Wow looks super. Just the wrong area of the country for us right now.
Glad you had a great time.

Later Tim

69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Site Team

Nice pictures - we're off to Yellowstone tomorrow.

I wonder if that pelican can find what he/she needs to eat there? I imagine it came in with a storm, but we haven't really had one for a while. Hope it survives.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

We did see the pelican diving for fish , seemed to be doing well. He better get out of that area within the month , the nights in September in that area can see a freeze.
I hope you and Janet enjoy Yellowstone. We went two years ago and loved it. Be safe and take lots of pictures , we want to see some when you come back.
455lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Default Yellowstone

Yellowstone is a Great area. Try to add a few extra days to your trip as you never seem to have enough time to enjoy. For the fun of it - if you want - bring a small bottle to dip in the stream after - old faithful blows off so you can show a bottle of old faithful water to everyone. Some folks like the idea. Lots and lots of great wild life there. My family and I camped just South in the Teton's for a few days. Wish that we had been able to stay in Yellowstone itself. Enjoy
Ok, this was several years ago before we got the current dog so he has not been there.

Later Tim & Nancy and a dog that wants to go camping some more
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #6

Looks like a beautiful spot. It must have been great to get out of Phoenix this summer. We are frying this year way up North in SLC, but my friend in Tucson said 61 days over 100 there.

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote