Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Travel and Adventure
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #1

Default Lucky, or unlucky?

Yesterday, while returning home with our new camper, I noticed I had somewhat low pressure in one tire. I decided to stop at my mechanics place (just one mile short of home) to top it off. When I pulled in he also noticed it.

While backing it up so his air-hose would reach - the tire blew out, just like that! He doesn't sell/carry tires but he had the equipment to easily take the tire off (and space to unhitch the trailer) so I could go fetch a new one. $20 to my mechanic, $131 for the tire.

Got back on the road and headed directly to the tire store. All tires looked good - but were dated from 2007. Three additional new road tires mounted, and the spare left behind for them to receive/ mount another one.

So which is it? Was I lucky - or $ unlucky $?

EDIT: Another lucky side? Total time from initial blow-out to parked in my yard, perhaps 3 hours. Now to me, that was Quick!

Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #2

Yes to both.. You were very lucky that the tire didn't blow on the road. Unlucky for the cost of replacement tires.

Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
Yesterday, while returning home with our new camper, I noticed I had somewhat low pressure in one tire. I decided to stop at my mechanics place (just one mile short of home) to top it off. When I pulled in he also noticed it.

While backing it up so his air-hose would reach - the tire blew out, just like that! He doesn't sell/carry tires but he had the equipment to easily take the tire off (and space to unhitch the trailer) so I could go fetch a new one. $20 to my mechanic, $131 for the tire.

Got back on the road and headed directly to the tire store. All tires looked good - but were dated from 2007. Three additional new road tires mounted, and the spare left behind for them to receive/ mount another one.

So which is it? Was I lucky - or $ unlucky $?

EDIT: Another lucky side? Total time from initial blow-out to parked in my yard, perhaps 3 hours. Now to me, that was Quick!
Just the Hi-Low gods letting you know they are unhappy about your jump to a Jayco Eagle.
1999 21T Tow Lite
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote