Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Lifestyle > Travel and Adventure
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Travel and Adventure Road trips, great camping spots and trip planning. Share your camping adventures, recommendations and pictures.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #1

Default Western Adventure

12 days in from a 30 day trip. Camping for 2 nites at KOA in Salt Lake City.
Nice camp area with all sorts of facilities including a car wash area or campers!!
Drove up from Durango yesterday which took about 9 hours including a stop at Arches National Park-do not miss that park. Riding the train from Durango to Silveton was an adventure- just a day trip. I would take the bus one way and
Ride the train back as you see different things. Signing off- on to Jackson Hole tomorrow!!!!!! Joe Jones

JoeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #2

Greetings from SLC. I hope you enjoy your visit. I had a timeshare in Jackson for 25 years. If you don't have a campsite reserved I think that the campground in Kelly would be great. Also the view from Jackson Point on Signal Mountain is one of the best and is too often skipped by tourists. A Gin and Tonic on the patio at Jackson Lake lodge is very nice too.

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #3

Default Wow

Sounds like a great trip. Wish I was out there also. Enjoy and pics please.

Later Tim & Nancy and a dog that wants to go camping.
69hilo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #4

Smile Western Adventure #2

We have a Campsite reserved in Jackson Hole. How can I add pics????
Joe
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #5

Default How can I add pics????

I could be wrong (due to the late hour and Canadian VO), but I seem to remember asking the same question here once myself.

As I recall I solved this dilemma by enabling cookies for this site; that involved going into my internet explorer settings and was NOT related to setting things right on this forum.

While on tour don't forget to visit the best USA has to offer, here in the deep south <evil grin>.

Good luck.
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #6
Site Team

I upload pictures as part of a reply, as I'm doing here.

In the "Additional Options" space is a button that says "Manage Attachments". Click on it. That will open a popup where you can click on "Browse" to find a picture - mine are ".jpg" files. Loctate one and click on "Open", then click on "Upload" to transfer the file. Here, I uploaded a picture of Grand Teton that I have in my wallpaper collection.

You can paste up to five pictures in each reply this way.

- Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mountain_landscape_nature_3-wallpaper-1366x768.jpg (96.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #7

Smile Upload pics

Jack-from your instructions it sounds like you are using a laptop. I am using an iphone4 and the HiLo Forum page so I need help on how to load pics using the iPhone????? Thanks!! Joe Jones
Old 09-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #8

We are staying at Snake River Park & Whitewater between Hoback and Jackson. It is very expensive and I would not recommend it. Should have tried Kelly per your recommendation! Had to make reservations in advance for our 30 day trip and there was a lot of guesswork! Joe
Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
We are staying at Snake River Park & Whitewater between Hoback and Jackson. It is very expensive and I would not recommend it. Should have tried Kelly per your recommendation! Had to make reservations in advance for our 30 day trip and there was a lot of guesswork! Joe
Joe, there's a very nice Forest Service campground south of Jackson on the Snake River called "East Table". I've stayed there twice now and recommend it highly. Here's a link: Bridger-Teton National Forest - East Table Campground

Have you tried getting into the National Park campgrounds in Grand Teton? I recommend Signal Mountain Campground. It's on Jackson Lake - right across from Mt. Moran and many of the spaces have electric if you need that. There are many dry camp spaces though, which is what we've used.

I'm using a desktop. I have no idea how to upload pictures from a phone.

- Jack
JackandJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #10

There is also a campground and open camping just before Moran Junction called Pacific Creek. I would love to camp there but it always seems like bears are watching us when we hike there.
Bridger-Teton National Forest - Pacific Creek Campground
I forgot, you should have a Bloody Mary at Dornan's just outside the Park at Moose Jct. My wife and I were married on the deck there 25 years ago. They even opened the bar early to make us all drinks on that day. The bloody Mary's are very good and the view of the Grand is great.

Rolff is offline   Reply With Quote