Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 AM   #1

Default Bathroom dividers

I am the newest owner of a 1984 Hi-Lo Fun-chaser 22' I love it!!!! I am trying to figure out what to use for the bathroom divider. The previous owner had some cut down drapes in there but, ummm no, they are UGLY, hahaha. I was thinking of something like the day night shades but I am not sure it will work. I have not seen many detailed pictures of what they look like originally. I am also not convinced with the curtains over the windows I think day-night shades would look much better. I have a bunk bed kit on the way from J&J and I am in the process of removing the windows and resealing them. The trailer was garaged for years and we go a rain storm and I noticed two small leaks so I figured it wouldn't hurt to reseal them all. This is my new elk hunting, fishing, Sturgis, and cross country rig so safe now will always beat sorry later. Any suggestions anyone may have or detailed pictures of interiors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advanced.

rkymtnman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymtnman30 View Post
I am the newest owner of a 1984 Hi-Lo Fun-chaser 22' I love it!!!! I am trying to figure out what to use for the bathroom divider. The previous owner had some cut down drapes in there but, ummm no, they are UGLY, hahaha. I was thinking of something like the day night shades but I am not sure it will work. I have not seen many detailed pictures of what they look like originally. I am also not convinced with the curtains over the windows I think day-night shades would look much better. I have a bunk bed kit on the way from J&J and I am in the process of removing the windows and resealing them. The trailer was garaged for years and we go a rain storm and I noticed two small leaks so I figured it wouldn't hurt to reseal them all. This is my new elk hunting, fishing, Sturgis, and cross country rig so safe now will always beat sorry later. Any suggestions anyone may have or detailed pictures of interiors would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advanced.
The bathroom divider, bamboo shade material. It comes in different shades of brown, the roll-up shade just unroll it flat, cut to size and mount it top and bottom. The upper part of the bathroom door is also bamboo with fabric on the edges, with a track to slide back and forth.

w/ 98 chevy Powervision towing mirrors
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3 v8 (replaces Toyota)
2 Hobie mirage pedal drive kayaks
campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to vannooch

Check out what Mikew did with his

http://www.hilotrailerforum.com/f2/1...ker-free-1001/

I even considered making pocket panels out of a plywood, or FRP board or something, that would slide down into the bottom wall.
Luke 1:49
vannooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #4

Smile

My wife informed me that the proper term for the bamboo shades/dividers is called "roman shades". Even I learn something from time to time.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

The newer trailers do have hard panels on each side that go up and down into the bottom wall sections. The bottom wall is double sided with a space in the middle for the top panel to fit in. The panels are fastened at the top with a piece of felt cloth for movement. The top of the door opening is covered with a piece of heavy felt curtain that slides in a track at the top. Our 2209 is made this way. Our 2195T had the bamboo curtains.
Will take pics if you want to see.
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #6

My 1995 HiLo had the bamboo dividers and my 2001 HiLo has the "pocket walls" that the solid panel slides into. I do remember seeing some units in the past that had a solid upper bathroom wall that was hinged. They operated the way the door does in a popup tent trailer. It snapped to the ceiling for travel and unsnapped & swings down for camping mode.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #7

I would love to see pictures if it is not too much trouble. I have attached some pictures of what I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0086.jpg (96.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0089.jpg (95.9 KB, 104 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #8

Here are the pics of the sliding panels in our 2209 Hi-Lo.
Pic 1 shows the panels and the sliding curtain, bath side of curtain is white vinyl
Pic 2 is the shower side
Pic 3 shows the slide track for the curtain from bath side.
Pic 4 shows the top of the panel felt cloth holding it up
Pic 5 shows the edge of the sliding panel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (87.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (85.8 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (88.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (96.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 005.jpg (92.5 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #9

Those are really slick poprichie. The curtains I have are a total pain every time is it lowered and raised they come off I will have to see what I can get rigged up now.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #10

I forgot to take a pic of the folding door in the bottom half, you can see the door in the first and last pics., I don't see one in your pic., I can take some better pics of the door, if you want tomorrow.
The mark on the curtain towards the bottom is the result of being in the crack when the folding door was closed.
I would take pics of the bamboo curtains as I still have the 95 but it is covered up and I am not ready to uncover. Excuse the dishes in the sink, just reminded the wife about them, was just what she wanted to hear, LOL
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #11

No worries I really like the hidden wall. Mine has a half door it is a little janky I think someone made their own as a replacement. These are great campers, my only regret is I waited so long to get one.

I bet she loved you for mentioning the dishes, I have a routine that my wife wants to beat me for. I find dirty dishes in the camper and don't say anything; I just slip them in the sink when no one is looking, hahaha. She has threatened to cut valuable parts off of me if I do it again....so you just know I HAVE to do it again soon, hahaha...