Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #1

Default Day/Night Shades

One of my shades doesn't stay up so well anymore. The strings are not broken or anything like that. Any idea(s) on how to fix? Thanks.

Meriflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #2

Default shades

On the shade that droups, the string has slack in it. Correcting the problem is easy at the bottom of the shade, the string is attached to a spool give the string a extra rap around the spool. bring the shade to the top possion. If it stays up you fixed it, if not repette.
Sam

Sam Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Thank you Sam that worked!
Meriflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #4

Thanks sam.. Your suggestion is helpful to me. Thanks for it.
Jenny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #5

Just purchased, from the Official Hi-Lo Repair and Parts Store, a new day/night replacement shade for a window in our 2704T. As is this trailer, day/night shades are new to me; our old Hi-Lo had curtains, and years later I installed venetian mini-blinds.

So my question is, is it better to store and travel with day/night shades in the raised, or lowered position? Couldn't find an answer in the Hi-Lo Owners Manual, and the trailer/new shade didn't come with any documentation.

Thanks,
Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to RCREYES

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDoering View Post
Just purchased, from the Official Hi-Lo Repair and Parts Store, a new day/night replacement shade for a window in our 2704T. As is this trailer, day/night shades are new to me; our old Hi-Lo had curtains, and years later I installed venetian mini-blinds.

So my question is, is it better to store and travel with day/night shades in the raised, or lowered position? Couldn't find an answer in the Hi-Lo Owners Manual, and the trailer/new shade didn't come with any documentation.

Thanks,
Jim
I don't think it really matters. Just guessing I would say up, but the guy I bought my trailer from kept them down.
RCREYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #7

Jim, I have always had my day/night shades in the up position while traveling. This way there is less exposure of the shades, no strain on the strings (might snap from bouncing on rough roads in down position), dust/dirt blowing past the seal and getting the shades dirty, and it keeps the pleats in nice shape while in the up position. This is just my opinion.................

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #8

Thanks RC and Bob,

Your advice and logic seem very sound. I was thinking along the same line myself, just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

One of the reasons I'm replacing the shade is that it no longer retracts very well. The upper pleats just won't fold together anymore, and I'm thinking its because the previous owner kept the shades down all the time.

Thanks,
Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #9

Smile

I keep mine in the up position that way bugs and dust are easier to wipe off and also cleaning of windows during spring cleaning.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #10

Paul,

When towing your Hi-Lo, have you had any difficulty keeping the shades in the "raised," position? Or do they tend to drift down with the bumps of the road?

Thanks,
Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
sam

Default Rx medication on a long trip.

I,m not sure how to post a new topic. I spoke with my Pharmacist at Walmart. By law narcotics are not allowed to be filled in another state. The best aproach would be to ask your ins. co. what to do. In my case i could fill a 3 month supply before I left then another Walmart in another state would have phone the original walmart to get a copy of the script.
This would work for another 3 month supply. This would only give me 6 months worth of medication. The best way would be to have a new script with you. I,ve read about having your rx mailed to a post office general delivery. This would work if you are in one town for several days. Make sure you have all your meds in original containers and have the phone #of your MD with you. Perhaps your usual pharmacy would be willing to mail your meds. Have safe healthy travels.
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #12

Hi Sam,

Yup, these sites can be very difficult to figure out. But for future reference, here's how to start a new thread:

1. Go to the very lower left corner past the last message in a thread. Click on "Forum Jump."

2. Scroll and locate the Forum topic that best applies, highlight, then click "Go." In this case "Off Topic," would have been appropriate.

3. Go to the top left corner above the top message and click on "New Thread."

4. When the next screen appears, in the appropriate box, fill out the title of the new thread and then write your message!

Regarding your request for information about procuring prescriptions away from home, it reads like you know MUCH more about it than I. Perhaps other HTF members can share their ways of maintaining prescriptions while on the road. I do appreciate your closing advice about keeping meds in the original containers. That would give all the necessary information if there was a need for an emergency refill. I hadn't thought of that!

Thanks,
Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #13

If they are creeping down the strings need to be pulled tighter. That normally takes care of the problem.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #14

Smile

I usually take and get cable ties and use them on both ends and in the middle to keep them up and secured.