Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #1

Default Fold Out Couch

Does the fold out couch work like the old jackknife couches? What I mean is when you lift up the bottom it clicks and either lays out flat or locks in the upright position. The one in out trailer doesn't lock in any position and is very hard to reach over the bottom to grab the top and pull it toward you while pushing the bottom towards the wall with your knees. If it should have a locking mechanism, where can I buy one.

Thanks,

Bear

bearshrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #2

Bear,

Check the couch frame work at the pivot points. Usually there is a nut and bolt acting as the pivot axle on both sides of the couch. I have seen some that the nut came off allowing the bolt to fall out of position, also some bolts have bent or broken thru use. I would check this out first. Good luck.

Bob

retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearshrum View Post
Does the fold out couch work like the old jackknife couches? What I mean is when you lift up the bottom it clicks and either lays out flat or locks in the upright position. The one in out trailer doesn't lock in any position and is very hard to reach over the bottom to grab the top and pull it toward you while pushing the bottom towards the wall with your knees. If it should have a locking mechanism, where can I buy one.

Thanks,

Bear
I used to live in a very small house that to in such a place where in my living room only a sofa(fold out couch) and a table can be adjusted so for me its like really awesome arrangement, but as you depicted about the lock system and all, I'm using it since so many years and me and my family used to sleep in that only but we didn't find any kind of problem yet,, just have a look here

And if I'm not wrong then I had bought this from ebay,, hope this would work out for you as well.
kttyrampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttyrampton View Post
I used to live in a very small house that to in such a place where in my living room only a sofa(fold out couch) and a table can be adjusted so for me its like really awesome arrangement, but as you depicted about the lock system and all, I'm using it since so many years and me and my family used to sleep in that only but we didn't find any kind of problem yet,, just have a look here

And if I'm not wrong then I had bought this from ebay,, hope this would work out for you as well.
This post is suspected spam. To the poster, if it is not, advertising is not permitted here. The link to the ad is at the bottom, which doesn't show in the quote above.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote