Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > Interior
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #1

Default Interior Lighting- I have to eat part of my words.

I just wanted to make the record straight about my previous post on the lack of any lights on the front interior wall of the 2010 models. Please read on.

We went to finalize the deal on "our" 2310H this morning and I thought I would take one more look around inside before we signed on the bottom line. I still did not see any lights on the front wall or in the window opening. After we signed on the bottom line we took our shiny new keys out and let ourselves inside the sparkly new trailer. And wouldn't you know it during that short time a light appeared in the front window area. Joyce crawled up on the couch and stuck her head into the window opening and looked up on the ceiling of the opening behind the window shade and found a two bulb light fixture. That was great news at that point. The not so great news was that the light was on the exterior side of the day/night window shade. So if you want a good bright interior light you will have to leave the shade up all the way. But if you would like to have privacy and a light at the same time that is a bit of a problem, unless you like diffused lighting. Most of the light will be lighting the outdoors. If you want to turn the light on or off you will have to raise and lower the shade each time to access it.

So if I caused anyone any grief please accept my "partial" apologies.

RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #2

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichR View Post
I just wanted to make the record straight about my previous post on the lack of any lights on the front interior wall of the 2010 models. Please read on.

We went to finalize the deal on "our" 2310H this morning and I thought I would take one more look around inside before we signed on the bottom line. I still did not see any lights on the front wall or in the window opening. After we signed on the bottom line we took our shiny new keys out and let ourselves inside the sparkly new trailer. And wouldn't you know it during that short time a light appeared in the front window area. Joyce crawled up on the couch and stuck her head into the window opening and looked up on the ceiling of the opening behind the window shade and found a two bulb light fixture. That was great news at that point. The not so great news was that the light was on the exterior side of the day/night window shade. So if you want a good bright interior light you will have to leave the shade up all the way. But if you would like to have privacy and a light at the same time that is a bit of a problem, unless you like diffused lighting. Most of the light will be lighting the outdoors. If you want to turn the light on or off you will have to raise and lower the shade each time to access it.

So if I caused anyone any grief please accept my "partial" apologies.
One of my minor gripes about the lighting in my 2308C, is those little lights by the sofa/bed in the glass holders on each side. I tried to put LED bulbs in them, and the bulbs wouldn't go in. The LED bulb base was thicker than the slot in the bulb holder. Anybody got any ideas on that?

Mel Goddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Goddard View Post
One of my minor gripes about the lighting in my 2308C, is those little lights by the sofa/bed in the glass holders on each side. I tried to put LED bulbs in them, and the bulbs wouldn't go in. The LED bulb base was thicker than the slot in the bulb holder. Anybody got any ideas on that?
Could you possibly replace the "glass holders" with something that would accept LEDs? That's the approach I'd take.

- Jack