Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #1

Default Wall paper

I have a '91 22ft classic that has a few damaged areas of wall paper that I would like to repair but I havent found a match or even anything close that will work. Most of the paper is in very good condition so I'd rather not replace all of it. Any ideas where I might find a matching sticky paper?

RogerWYO

RogerWYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #2

Roger,

Sorry to say this, but I really don't think you'll find an exact match for 20 year old wall paper. However, your best chance would be a wallpaper warehouse of some sort. Unfortunately, since wallpaper is out of style in home decor these days, many wallpaper distributors are gone. We tried to find some wallpaper at our local Lowe's...and even they've stopped carrying the stuff!

We did find a painter that was willing to match the wallpaper replacement patch spot we had, but was expensive and we passed.

In our 1969 Hi-Lo, I had a patch of paneling under the window, over the sink/stove area that was in bad shape from years of splash and steam damage. I found some 1/8th inch thick white melanine splashboard material at big orange and installed a splashboard to hide the existing damage, and prevent more. You can see the result in the album under my personal profile.

Also, if the patches are in the right places, hang picture over the them. We use velcro so as not to put holes in the walls.

Good luck,
Jim

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #3

I was afraid of that but it was worth a shot. Maybe I can work in some accent paper to hide the bad areas.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Roger,

My smarter half suggests using travel stickers. You've prolly seen them wherever your travels have taken you... well she says start sticking them on your walls over the bad spots. Eventually you'll end up with a kind of collage of memories on your wall (or walls). My wife is a scrap booker... and says to view your damaged wall as a huge blank scrapbook page! She gets stickers wherever we go, but only the place stickers. like Yosemite N.P., Craters of the Moon N.M., etc. She's not referring the generic stickers like pine trees, cutsy squirrels, etc., although those would work too. You get the idea.

Jim
2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDoering View Post
Roger,

My smarter half suggests using travel stickers. You've prolly seen them wherever your travels have taken you... well she says start sticking them on your walls over the bad spots. Eventually you'll end up with a kind of collage of memories on your wall (or walls). My wife is a scrap booker... and says to view your damaged wall as a huge blank scrapbook page! She gets stickers wherever we go, but only the place stickers. like Yosemite N.P., Craters of the Moon N.M., etc. She's not referring the generic stickers like pine trees, cutsy squirrels, etc., although those would work too. You get the idea.

Jim
That is a great idea. Thanks for the tip Jim.

RogerWYO
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to captbobster

Have you looked at contact shelf paper
2011 Toyota Sequoia
captbobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to robobd
Default wallpaper repair

If the bad area is at the bottom of the top slider(I.E. under the window,etc.)you can try wallpaper border sold in 24 foot length rolls, just turn it upside down, worked for me
robobd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #8

RogerWYO,

Depending on the size of the damaged wallpaper, you might have enough to fix the bad areas from your overhead cabinets. Open a cabinet door and check out the cabinet back wall. The whole wall is wallpapered before the cabinets are mounted. Use a razor blade to scribe the paper and a wallpaper steamer to remove it. Just a suggestion................................

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
sam

Default Rogerwyo

Couldn't answer you yesterday as my computer was acting up. What do you mean by damaged wallpaper? Some of my wallpaper at the bottom of the top half inside was wrinkled,some wallpaper was driedout of glue. You could call JR in Ohio to see if they have any old wallpaper. Look on the internet for wallpaper places. If the wallpaper is just wrinkled you can slit it with a razor blade and reglue with a small tube of wallpaper mending glue. Maybe at Walmart or Sherwin Williams Paint store. I have a 90 Classic that we are replacing some of the walls due to water dammage. We will never be able to match the existing wallpaper. Our new paneling has some of the colors as our wallpaper. The previous suggestioins are good. Post a picture of the damaged areas and maybe we can help you. Just for reference if you had to paint over the wallpaper you could have the primmer tinted one shade lighter than your top coat color. Lasy year I hired someone to wallpaper the top half of my kitchen walls.She told me a few years ago it was a 2to 3 month wait for her services. Now she is able to come right away.

sam is offline   Reply With Quote