Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Interior Bedding, seating, storage and more

Old 07-07-2019, 07:19 AM   #1

Default where Do You Keep Your Guitar

Our last trailer was a 1964 Holiday Trav'ler 17 ft long. Basically the same size as our 1709T Hi-Lo but a foot narrower. That old trailer had an overhead bunk; it wasn't much good for sleeping, but it made for great storage when I lowered just the front of it with simple cords.

Our Hi-Lo is just a 12 ft long box and keeping it tidy while camping is imperative. I made a similar (to the old '64) modification. In our Hi-Lo we cannot use it going down the road, but when we're camping, lowering the back of the overhead bunk fully and then suspending the front of the bunk with cords about half-way down creates convenient storage for my guitar. And this still allows full usage of the dinette and couch if you're not too tall. The overhead bunk on the Hi-Lo is super easy to lower and raise and this "adjustment" takes only a few seconds to apply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Overhead bunk in semi-lowered position.jpg (171.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Polyester cord holds bunk 1.jpg (150.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Polyester cord holds bunk 2.jpg (227.4 KB, 12 views)

Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #2

Sounds like a TREE ??????? to answer

cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Site Team

Hey there Scotty, hows the weather over in Franklin. Perfect here in Andrews! Slight chill this morning.
You've happened on to one of the benefits of the upper bunk. I had a 24'er that we did much the same thing with. Only under the bunk I had installed a perfectly fitting queen sized futon. So in addition to bunk storage, I also had plenty of plastic bin storage under the bed. The PO had removed the dinette for a full mattress and left some of the cabinetry. Good on you!
Treeclimber
Bonita Springs, Fl. &
Andrews, NC
Treeclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #4

Hi Tree, nice here but a tad on the hot side to be out working in the steel barn. Just installed a backup fan for the refrigerator. Keep hearing about rain...but that's all the weathermen do....is talk.

Under our overhead bunk we have a cargo net. It works great to store pillows and the like. That sounds interesting using the queen futon; lots of storage under those usually. And you can use yours going down the road. Mine you cannot.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote