Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #21

This ETQ 3500 LPG generator really looks like the way to go. No gas cans to deal with, decent physical size and output capability. At a price of under $450 it is quite affordable. I just might have to add this to my "wish-list".

Jeff

Jeff H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #22

Send a message via Yahoo to sting32

FWIW, I have that same ONAN on mine, I had to get mine repaired, and ya know they repair for about 2/3rds the cost of a new one, LOL. AFAIK, they cost about $2600 for 2500w. 2500w on propane, is Just enough to run a rooftop ac, and a TV but not ac & Microwave. It came with my camper, or I woudnt have it. They didnt isolate it with any rubber or nothing so it makes a decent amount of noise, mine's in a custom box, that I acutally had to cut on the door to get out to repair, yeah it is that tight. I'm thinking they must have formed the fiberglass after they installed it? (lol)

Im lucky, My dad bought 2 honda 2000i's that you have to run both to run a roof ac. Then he bought a big camper that he no longer needs the 2 hondas....

BUT I hear if you put a big capasitor (they sell a kit) you put in the AC, you can get the AC to start on smaller generators, that is the hitch on what capasity generator you have to buy.

I worry about the $600 china made Gens, I have had ones built 10 or more years ago (much older Tecumse? clones, they are loud as heck...

but I think it is worth a try, you can throw 4 of them away, before you have 2600 wrapped up in them, lol.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #23

The Onan 2500 is 2500 Watts and it will run the generator
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #24

My post said "The Onan 2500 will run a "generator" Hmmm! Sorry for that!

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote