Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #21

Has any Hi-Lo Forum member used any of the leveling chocks like Anderson Manufacturing's Camp Leveler ($23.95) or Rapid Jack ($49.95 at eTrailer.com); or Blayloc's EZ Jack ($69.95)? I would like to hear about your experience prior to purchasing one of them. I'm leaning toward purchasing the EZ Jack because it is rated higher and it is lighter, but alas it is the most expensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camp Leveler.jpg (11.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Rapid Jack.jpg (18.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg EZ-JACK.jpg (18.0 KB, 42 views)

2007-22T TowLite 50th Anniversary
2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4X4 Crew Cab, Snug Top
NDgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #22

John,

Great question! Have to admit that these all are new to me, and now I'm curious to hear how well they work.

Jim

2015 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
JMDoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to jcurtis95
Default EZ Jack

Isn't the EZ Jack for changing trailer tires?

If you are looking for an easy method of changing a flat trailer tire, I would recommend Camco's Trailer Aid Plus. I bought one for our Hi Lo last August and on our first trip to Oklahoma, I used it the first time out. While in transit, I awoke one morning and had a curb side rear tire that was flat. I pulled the RV forward and lifted the rear tire off the ground, changed it out in short order and was on my way. Here is some information on it:

Trailer-Aid Plus Yellow Jack by Camco - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts

Much the same as EZ Jack but less expensive and in my view, a little easier to store. The EZ Jack shape looks irregular and may be difficult to store. We got ours off Amazon for $41 + shipping.

Jerry Curtis
2406 T
jcurtis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #24

I very much recommend that when leveling that the trailer weight be on all the wheels. Taking weight off an axle places stress on the frame and you may see it when opening the door and it doesn't latch properly. All wheels should be down and the front and back axles should be setting close to level with the trailer when all leveling is done. The same goes with the stabilizers, crank them down and snug them to the ground. Do not attempt lifting the weight of the trailer or you can put things in a twist.
2012 F150 4X4 SuperCrew EcoBoost w/Leer Cap
Reese WD Strait-Line Hitch
Amateur Radio K3EXU
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #25

Rapid Jack

Andersen Trailer Jack,Wheel Chocks - AM3620
Raise your trailer quickly and effectively with the Rapid Jack from Andersen Manufacturing. Simply drive your trailer onto the jack for a quick 8" boost. Also functions as a leveler for single-axle trailers and as a trailer jack base.
Features:
Raise trailer wheels quickly and easily
Drive good wheel of double-axle trailer onto the jack to raise the other axle and change the bad tire
Level wheels of SINGLE-axle trailers
Place small end of jack under wheel and drive up until level
WILL NOT work as leveler for multi-axle trailers because the jack is too large to fit in between tires
To level multi-axle trailers, use the Rapid Camper Leveler instead (AM3011)
Use as a trailer jack base by turning the Rapid Jack on its side and resting the shaft of your trailer jack in the molded circle
Includes rubber grip to prevent slipping
Made in the USA
1-Year limited warranty

Specs:
Leveler height: 8"
Leveler length: 24"
Constructed from recycled plastic materials (100 percent)
Weight capacity: 25,000 lbs
Biffsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #26

I made leveling "pads" out of a cut up barn stall mat, 3/4" thick and made from recycled tires. I installed the levels that show the increments of how much the trailer is out of level.

A 4' x 6' x 3/4" mat was $23 at tractor supply and cut up pretty easily with a utility knife a new blade and I used a dry-wall square as a guide, and a 2x4 under the cut to "open" up the cut. They should last a little while... and if I have to level out the RV as much as the "pads" that I have, I should just pick a new spot...

They are rubber, so they "stick" to each other pretty good... and I have enough of them to use 1 for each of the stabilizers...
davidc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #27

Send a message via AIM to PopRichie77

The Anderson one is for leveling a single axle trailer or changing a tire on a duel axle. Putting only one under a duel axle trailer especially the door side on a Hi-Lo would twist the frame and cause door opening or closing problems. It would be especially bad on the older box frames.
(2209T) - 2009 22' TowLite
(2510 ) - 2010 25'
PopRichie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #28

My 2302 TowLite has tandem axles, so I purchased two of the Anderson levelers. I've only been out twice since purchasing the camper in August, but these levelers work as advertised. My first trip didn't require to be leveled side to side, but my second one I needed about 1" on the door side. I just placed the levelers behind each wheel and backed onto them.

At the end, I just pulled forward off of them and pulled them out. They come in two pieces and the smaller section does indeed fit to make a full wheel chock with the larger piece.

Not sure why it is stated that two levelers will not work. They did for me. The leveler that goes in between tires might rest against the rear (or front) tire but once you start backing (or pulling) onto them it will work.

UPDATE!

When cleaning my basement, I found a diagram that must have fell out of the box that states that if they do not fit between the tires of any tandem axle trailer, up to 4 inches can be removed from the narrow end without any adverse effects on the capabilities of the levelers. This should help with those of you that were not sure about these.

2302LXS
2015 Toyota Highlander Limited
JTRB is offline   Reply With Quote