Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Hi-Lo camper travel trailer forum > Hi-Lo Tech > General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

General Repairs, Modifications, Tips and tricks Show off your modifications, share a great idea, ask a question!

Old 07-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #1

Default Question on cutting fender wells?

I have a 97 towlite,no way to get the tires off with out letting the air out of them. Has anyone ever cut out below the molding where the seal meets when in the lower position? Looks like it could be done and does anybody know of any problems in doing that?
Thanks any input would be a live saver !
Bigbar

bigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbar View Post
I have a 97 towlite,no way to get the tires off with out letting the air out of them. Has anyone ever cut out below the molding where the seal meets when in the lower position? Looks like it could be done and does anybody know of any problems in doing that?
Thanks any input would be a live saver !
Bigbar
Do it ,just use some aluminum trim to seal the wood maybe from a rv salvage yard
Was going to do that to my 97 but sold it to get my 06

campthewestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

Thanks, Mr west coast
Sounds like a plan to me! I don't want to spent no more time than i have to on the side of the road changing a tire. That's dangerous.
bigbar
bigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

Default installing deflated tires

Saw the same problem on my 2200TL.

Plan A: a) I unbolted the axle brackets from the camper frame, b) I cut some 1/2" round steel rods and epoxied them between the axle bracket & frame as a 1/2" lift kit & c) I drilled new holes for the axle bracket to camper frame bolts & re-assembled. I was then able to get my Carlisle brand Radial Trailer Tire - 175/80R13 91M on & off without any deflation.

Plan B: I bought a 12VDC compressor from Harbor Freight in case I still had problems.
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #5

Default Hi-Lo Suspension Lift

Crawled under today & took a photo. I did have to cut a couple bolts to get them off but it was worth it. I had a blowout flat along Hwy 1 in Canada that only took about 10 minutes to change.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi-Lo Suspension Lift.jpg (213.1 KB, 7 views)
On The Road Again is offline   Reply With Quote